Hello Guest it is June 04, 2020, 01:26:41 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3703041 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #2120 on: July 18, 2015, 10:36:19 AM »
hello folks
I am Mukesh. I have 4 axis cnc router newly brought. I passes from some problem...
1: ref. to all problem,firstly do incorrectly then after sometime it do automatically goes correct dir

when I start my mach3 and cnc then i click on ref. to all.... XYZ axis goes correct direction and XYZ=0(mechanical coord.) but my A axis goes in opposite direction (it not goes towards the limit sensor.) then I restart mach3 and CNC both... again same problem occur... it occur 4-5 times. after 4-5 time ref.to all goes in correct direction. XYZ=0 also A axis goes in correct direction means A=0.

this problem is occur daily. what should I do?

2: power failure

suddenly when power goes off my cnc is stop at a point. and my computer is connected with UPS.. so program is running continuously but my cnc is stop because of power failure...

similarly if i remove UPS from computer and sudden power failure my cnc and computer goes off.. when power comes up. I start my mach3 and cnc... but i lost my current line from mach3...

Is there any option to save the program or log file of program... coz in NC-studio has a feature when power come ups nc- studio start from same point without reloading a file.

3. cnc off and mach3 run

when my cnc is in off condition and in my computer mach3 is run... when i do some operation in mach3 it will occur... it doesn't shows any error of port communication.

please help me from all this problem to resolve

Thanks

« Reply #2121 on: July 22, 2015, 01:31:57 AM »
Hi Guys

I'm from south Africa and are running a big workshop that fabricate mining equipment and process plants. We have an massive machine shop doing all the machining in house but the old conventional way with only 2 nc lathes Takisawa TX210D\TX-3 that I have upgraded now with external communication system and cam software using SDcomms, a local cam software company.
This is where I got hooked to the whole CNC business. I have now converted a Rong-Fu 20 round column drill\mill to cnc using Mach 3 for hobby use at home. And also have a Lin Huan lathe that will be converted in the near future.
With 50% success converting the Mill\Drill to cnc as I do not have a lot of cnc background and machining skills I ended up in this forum for some advice and to learn from the experts on this Forum.

Thanks

« Reply #2122 on: July 23, 2015, 09:40:48 PM »
Hi All,

I'm from Perth, WA, I've just started on my CNC journey.. Bought 6040 from China. It's a USB only machine.

I am a complete beginner and I want to buy a licence (it was supplied with a crack).. Am I better off sticking with Mach3 as there is far more info out there? Or upgrade to Mach4?

I have an old computer running it that won't load the Mach4 demo, or any of the XP updates. But it is running the pirate copy of Mach3 ok (although the Z axis is upside down and I can't get it to reference home lol) 

Should I buy a new computer and Mach4? OR just stick with what I have and get a licence for Mach3?

Where is the best place to ask setup questions once I do get a Mach3/4?

Thanks,

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,284 8,284
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2123 on: July 24, 2015, 01:59:32 AM »
Hi Scipio,

Welcome to the forum.

My best advice would be to stick with Mach3, purchasing a license after you are satisfied that it meets all your needs.

(I have been using Mach2 / Mach3  for 12 Years now and although I have Mach4 I am still using Mach3)

Just post any future questions you may have as a New Topic in the General section.

Tweakie.
KEEP SAFE !
« Reply #2124 on: July 24, 2015, 11:29:59 PM »
My name is Rick, aka rheine3. I live in KC, MO. I have been a programmer for almost 30 years. I started working with Mach when I bought an ornamental wood mill from Tacy and gang up at Legacy Woodworking in Utah. I have since moved to a 2X4 from build your own CNC and recently a Chinese 6040Z. I use my milling for projects around the house and for my arduino builds.
« Reply #2125 on: July 26, 2015, 03:36:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Zach, and I am a tool hoarder...  My collection is 90% because it's a tool, 5% because I use it, 5% because why not.  I have a G0704 that I converted to a 3 axis CNC mill, eventually hoping to add a 4th.

Enjoy woodworking, metal working, firearms, ham radio, and cars/trucks/bikes.

Thanks for having me,
Zach

Offline GMcG

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Hello
My name is Greg, I live in Bellefontaine, Ohio and have recently purchased a CNC Mill that runs with Mach 3 controller using CNC4PC c-10 BOB .  I have been having some problems with programs turning off tool offsets and therefore entirely ignoring tool offsets and causing crashes.  I posted prett detailed description of the issues and got no response over e last several days.  I also went to the part of the forum which someone coul request paid help via telephone.  I left my phone number and email address and particulars of problem.  Still no response from any one.  

So my question is, am I doing something incorrect?  Does ArtSoft really provide some paid telephone help? Who can help me?  Right now I really don't have a machine that I can do much more with, than push the keys to mill parts.

Would really appreciate an answer back that can help.

Thanks
Greg

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,284 8,284
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #2127 on: July 27, 2015, 02:30:49 AM »
Hello
My name is Greg, I live in Bellefontaine, Ohio and have recently purchased a CNC Mill that runs with Mach 3 controller using CNC4PC c-10 BOB .  I have been having some problems with programs turning off tool offsets and therefore entirely ignoring tool offsets and causing crashes.  I posted prett detailed description of the issues and got no response over e last several days.  I also went to the part of the forum which someone coul request paid help via telephone.  I left my phone number and email address and particulars of problem.  Still no response from any one. 

So my question is, am I doing something incorrect?  Does ArtSoft really provide some paid telephone help? Who can help me?  Right now I really don't have a machine that I can do much more with, than push the keys to mill parts.

Would really appreciate an answer back that can help.

Thanks
Greg

Hi Greg,

I am sorry you did not receive a response to your request for telephone help. There are only a couple of guys who participate in this – perhaps they are busy, perhaps on holiday, perhaps did not see your post – who knows.

May I make a suggestion…

In my opinion the open forum is probably a better place to resolve problems as you will get the views of the ‘hive mind’ rather than the individual.
Break your overall problem down into smaller elements then post a question (giving as much relevant detail a possible) as a New Topic in the General section.
Please be patient as holiday season can delay any potential replies.

Tweakie.

KEEP SAFE !

Offline GMcG

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 27, 2015, 08:06:49 AM »
Thank you for your response Tweakie.  I will do as you have suggested and post on the General Section as a new topic. Thanks

Greg
« Reply #2129 on: July 29, 2015, 04:38:52 PM »
Howdy all.  Just bought a vmc190 to covert in the UK :)