Hello Guest it is November 18, 2019, 12:19:27 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 3476855 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1930 on: June 28, 2014, 02:18:45 PM »
thanks tweakie

GOOD choice,,,  why its a great kit i have pulled every hair out in my head putting it together

« Reply #1931 on: June 30, 2014, 10:43:58 AM »
Hi everyone I am Bongo123 (Jimmy). I just bought a PM 45 CNC MILL. Got it all put together but have a bunch of questions cause I do not want to screw up my investment. I am from a small town in Ohio next to west by god virginia. I am retired army military and have worked in steel mills as a maint machinist for the past 14 years. This is all new to me and I would appreciate any and all the help I can get. I have a laptop available to use with my new mill but a you tube video I saw frowned upon laptops for CNC use. Is this a real problem?  Also I would like to use my mill manually at times....is there any way to turn on the spindle without a computer hooked up to the mill?  I have not yet purchased my Mach license yet because I don't know if I use it for the laptop and later get a dedicated PC for my machine....will I have to buy another license?  If I can get these questions answered first then I may be able to get started. Any one with these answers ? Again I am totally new at this and need some help just to take the first step. Thank you all and I hope to hear from some one soon.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,002 8,002
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1932 on: June 30, 2014, 11:17:27 AM »
Hi Jimmy,

Welcome to the Artsoft forum.

Laptops are not recommended for use with Mach3 unless you plan on using an external motion controller (such as the Smooth Stepper etc. http://warp9td.com/).

Yes, you will be able to turn on / off the mill spindle without using the software but the way in which it is done will depend on what you have (VFD etc.).

It would be best if you get everything up and working to your satisfaction, using the Demo Version (http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/) before you buy the Mach3 license.

The Mach3 licence is portable between PC's and laptops etc. so you only need to buy it once.

Please take the time to read the documentation http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/ and perhaps watch the video's - don't worry too much about the things you don't understand yet, it will come. (I have been using Mach2 / 3 for the last 10 years and I still don't know the half of it  ;D).

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #1933 on: June 30, 2014, 11:38:17 AM »
Thank you Tweakie. My mill has the input for a USB cable from the computer and it goes into where the manual control pendent plugs into also. Is this the motion controller that you are speaking of? And I didn't know you can upload and use the demo software to get the mill going either. Wow you just gave me a great jump forward. I'll use the laptop just to get the machine going and will get a PC in about a month from now and reset the system to the new PC. Ok now I can go home after work and try something new to drive me nuts. Thanks for your quick response and help Tweakie I'll let you know how it works out. Have a great day. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,002 8,002
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1934 on: June 30, 2014, 11:48:04 AM »
My mill has the input for a USB cable from the computer and it goes into where the manual control pendent plugs into also. Is this the motion controller that you are speaking of?

Hi Jimmy,

I have no way of knowing - do you have a manual for the mill ?

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #1935 on: July 02, 2014, 09:53:38 AM »
Good morning Tweakie.  Jimmy here again. Guess what I got my other laptop hooked up and got my mill to turn on and I do have control of spindle and axis moves.  My problem now is that my screen does not show the entire control panel. The neg x And y axis buttons on the screen are barely visible. I tried dragging, minimizing, maximizing the screen but nothing works to adjust the control panel to the screen. Any advice for me on this one?  Any way with your prior help I did get to see and hear my machine run and I thank you greatly. Have a great day T.  

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,002 8,002
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #1936 on: July 02, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »
Hi Jimmy,

I am very pleased that you have managed to get it working OK.   :)

You could try Config. / General Config. - Auto Screen Enlarge and see if that helps but I would just change the screen size in Windows / Properties / Settings.

Best regards,

Tweakie.

(n.b. This section is generally just for introductions so if you post any questions you may have as a new topic in the General section you will get the benefit of the hive mind rather than just my advice / opinions).
« Reply #1937 on: July 08, 2014, 09:36:11 AM »
I am located in NW South Carolina and am setting up a system.  I would like to make contact with someone within several hundred miles who is using Mach 3. I will do mostly plasma cutting and maybe some wood routing.  Using CandCNC and Precision Plasma.  Please contact me at jwiljrj@netscape,net or 803 533 8000.  Thanks, Jimmy Williams
« Reply #1938 on: July 08, 2014, 10:34:41 AM »
Hello everyone I would like to ask you to help me as to the steps of setting Mach3, I state that the cn are the first steps I homebuilt cnc pantograph a 3-axis motors are operated by drivers div268n 5 amps nema 23 motors have 6 wires configured 1amp bipolar .. then on the x-axis we step 5 1 screw motor pulley and the pulley on the screw 20XL 16XL 1 more belt 70XL, and instead I put on the y-axis belt 90XL, 16XL motor pulley and pulley bolt 18 xl screw the step 5 ... problem is that after on several attempts have failed to set the distance of motor tuning mach 3, I tried to get it done at the sofware automatically calculate but nothing to do .. if you could kindly help me thank you in advance
« Reply #1939 on: July 10, 2014, 10:13:07 PM »
Just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I'm ordering my CNC soon and thought I'd familiarize myself with mach3.
I'm a professional woodworker and I'm hoping to speed up production by letting the CNC do the grunt work. Thanks for having me.