Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:59:31 PM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516194 times)

Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #1770 on: July 22, 2013, 07:02:59 PM »
hello, I've been researching doing a control retrofit on a dynamite 2800 cnc mill. what is required? what is to be disabled or removed from original control. the machine has the factory control on it and has been problematic. how easy or difficult is this retrofit and will it cost $$$ I'am looking forward to hearing what some of you guy's who have done this job before and point me in the right direction.
« Reply #1771 on: July 23, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
hello my name is martin im new to this cnc lark so bear with me  :) I may post some daft questions
cheers martin.
« Reply #1772 on: July 23, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
 :-\   Need help I had been using Mach3 with parallel port stepper controller. I recently upgraded to a Kflop with Kstep controler. I have it tuned and  running satisfactorily, but am unable to communicate to limit/homing switches. I am able to do so external to Mach3 with a modified C program run from Kflop/Kstep. The diagnostic page in Mach3 acknowledges limit/home switch via  LEDs when the switches are pressed. Switches are connected to pins 9,10,and 11 of Kstep J33 which activates IOs 4,5,and 6 respectively on port1. Again, this is verified on diagnostic page when switches activated.

I have tried the supplied HomeMach3Kstep.C file with IOs 3,4,5 configured in. I have done this pasted into the Mach plugin ini file and alternately as the home reference file on the Mach plugin configuration page. It is this file that will home successfully under only C and only if I set all flags to 2. Doing so with run and compile will home X,Y, and Z in successive sequence. I assume I am missing some parameter or parameters. I was told it should simply be a matter of pasting files. But it is not quite that simple.

Any help will be appreciated and passed on.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 23, 2013, 06:37:57 PM »
Hello Tim, I know you have been a member for a few months but welcome all the same. Your question would get a lot more views if you post in our General Mach Discussion board in a topic of its own.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #1774 on: July 23, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
OK, Thanks
« Reply #1775 on: July 27, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
Hello Everyone. My name is George Merzbacher
I built my own cnc router table and am currently trying to get the mach 3 to talk to my VFD for my spindle.  I have no experince with CNC but just one day i was searching the web and came across a build it yourself cnc.  started doing research and after a time i started building.  My table is built and all steppers are working and moving all axis.  Its cool to see it finally start doing something.  I built a rather large table big enough to lay full size sheets of ply.  I have limited computer experience.  I built this just to see if i could do it.  Now i want to cut out all sorts of things but have no idea how to make this run.  I think i have the spindle configured corectly but cnat figure out how to try it out to be able to check my voltage at my breakout board. I get 0 volts and when i toggle in Diagnostics I get 10.20 Volts but how can i check it like at half RPM to see if im getting 5 volts?  I know this is an introduction page.  I just dont know where to post to get my answer as im very new to this forum or any forum that is.  Any help would be great.  thanks

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #1776 on: July 27, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »
Hi George - welcome.

Just post your question in General Mach Discussion and I'm sure someone will be along to help pretty soon.

Ian
« Reply #1777 on: August 03, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »
I was noticing that as of this writing we have 2795 members and have only heard from a couple of hundred and an even smaller number of regular posters.

So if you are new around here please post and introduce your self.  You could give a little on your background, hobbies , how you ended up here, whatever!

This is a site to help with mach. There is a great talent pool here already but this is a community driven site and we would love to hear from the silent masses ;)

So stand up and say hi!!

Thanks,

Chad

« Reply #1778 on: August 03, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »

Hi, call me benchmonkey, I am a manufacturing jeweler living in Ala. and about to retire. I love the work and want to pursue projects I have had on hold for a long time. I have a Taig 3000dsls and Mach3. Problems on top of problems prevented the mill from ever being used, everything was done time and again to fix problems that seemed unrelated for over two years. I recently read a post from a man w/a Taig  mill whose troubles  sounded familiar. An accumulation of step or direction errors overloaded the software and triggered the limits. If thats the problem how can it be reset to 0? As there are no physical limit switches would adding them be advisable? ; maybe a smooth stepper ? Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks, Benchmonkey

« Reply #1779 on: August 03, 2013, 08:39:28 PM »
Hi,
  Name is Jaime and live in the santa cruz mountains in n. california.  Signed up again today because I am having a problem loading g-code files (another thread).  Built my first 3 axis CNC back in '07.  Then added a 4 axis smaller machine a few years later.  It is x,y,z and theta.  I have a box that allows me to choose which machine and which 3 axis to use (x,y,z or x,theta,z).  Another box contains the 3 gecko controllers and power supplies and other stuff.  I mostly do wood but recently made a springloaded diamond tip tool  to engrave glass.  I have an etsy site with jewelry if you want to see some of my stuff:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/LIGNA?ref=si_shop

jaime