Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:01:52 AM

Author Topic: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!  (Read 4516104 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: New people welcome !! Come in here and introduce your self!
« Reply #840 on: June 11, 2010, 11:27:51 AM »
Hi Jim (the Mole),

Welcome to the forum.
Some of us had to lie about our age when we registered  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #841 on: June 12, 2010, 07:30:28 AM »
G'day all,
I'm a strain gauge and instrumentation tech at a university here in Perth,Western Australia
I've been manual machining for a couple of years and am just getting together an X3 mill to cnc.
The system will use 387oz steppers @ 50V for the X,Y,A and B (tool changer axis), and a 1200oz stepper @ 80V for the Z axis.
I'm using a Gecko 540 for the 387oz steppers and a 201x for the 1200oz stepper. The ball screws are 5mm pitch direct drive.
The electronics is done but I just have to clean up the finish on the mill and mount the hardware b4 I can throw hot chips around the place.
Mean while it's time to read some old threads from you knowledgeable folk.
Cheers,
Phil
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2010, 05:28:33 PM »
Hello All,

My name is Randy and I just recently dove into the CNC world.  I run a small business that makes software and other products for Pinewood Derby type racing.  My motivation for purchasing a CNC machine was to reduce the amount of time to make up batches of the products that I produce and have in development.  I have a HF Mini Mill that I have been using up until this point, but it seemed a daunting task to convert that into a CNC mill.

I first tried to purchase a CNC mill from Modular CNC.  That was a huge mistake and I have been waiting over a month for a promised refund that I likely will never see.  You can read the full story at http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15104.0.html, if you wish.

I just received a Zenbot 1216 and started setting it up with Mach3.  I'll likely be making a bunch of posts here as I learn how to use this machine along with Mach3.
« Reply #843 on: June 13, 2010, 09:06:21 PM »
Hi my name is Pete and I work at a power plant in Massachusetts.
I built a shop next to my home to run a metal fabrication business. The Job at the power plant came up and I scrapped the idea of running a business. Now I wonder how it would have gone. I have gotten rid of many tools and machines. I still have a Bridgeport cnc boss series 2 with all original stuff on it. I'm looking to learn about cnc's since I've never ran this machine.

If anyone has any advice on a low cost conversion it would be welcomed.

I have a electrical background with ac motor controls.

Their is so much to learn about everything. Even the stuff you know about.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Pete
« Reply #844 on: June 14, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »
Hello Everyone!I am Vanan from Malaysia.I am 49yrs old avid r/c fan.I recently purchased the ultimate Sherline CNC Lathe and Mill.I hope this forum will get me going with my r/c as I will be using my machine to reproduce r/c parts.But I do have some problem here.I seem to not able to get the software moving.Can anyone assist me please.Hiow to set up and run the system.Cheers.
Vanan
« Reply #845 on: June 14, 2010, 09:00:38 AM »
My name is Dave Rowland, I am South West UK and I have some programming knowledge as well as pretty good with taking things apart.
Basically I am a sign maker who has an large AXYZ machine but wanting to see how an alternative controller might work... i start a new thread for the questions with Mach
« Reply #846 on: June 14, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
Hi everyone.  Tim here.  I am having a problem with the units on my mach 3 software.  I set it ti inches, but the machine is working in metric units still.  anyone have any idea what is going on?  Thanks all.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 14, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
Hi Tim,

If you post your question under the General Mach Discussion topic I am sure you will get a swift response.

btw. Welcome to the forum.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #848 on: June 14, 2010, 10:42:31 AM »
Thanks
« Reply #849 on: June 14, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »
Hello everyone.
First, thanks for everything I am learning from you.
Viktor is for Viktor Shauberger.
My name is Pierre, I live in Montréal, Qc Can.
Cnc is an adventure for me: knew nothing a year ago. 
Hope to share my experience with others some day.
 :)
Pierre