Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:26:09 AM

Author Topic: 3D Print Screen  (Read 102 times)

3D Print Screen
« on: March 18, 2024, 09:56:29 AM »
Hey guys maybe some of you would like a simple UI for your printer.
This is just something I whipped up for myself.

Some notes.

1: To home your machine using this screen use G28.1
Just put it at the beginning of each GCODE.

2: Obviously use a surface map for the bed.
You still setup / activate that inside the surface mapping plugin.
Configure > Plugins > Surface Mapping

3: For your heat bed / extruder temp setup, use a modbus PWM controller of some nature.
Then at the beginning of your GCODE you'll also need macros to set the modbus registers to the correct value for your desired temperature.
Once the temp is set the PWM controller is responsible for maintaining that temp until the value is changed.

Also to use the buttons on the screen to heat the extruder / bed. Assign the correct output for the button to enable, then select the correct register for the DRO (MODBUS Register).

4: You'll need to assign the E DRO to the machine cords of the motor you're using.
Operator > Edit screen > Click the DRO next to "E)" > DRO CODE > Machine cords for desired motor or axis.
That's how you assign the DRO.

5: You'll need to add a way to turn your PWM controllers off. So make a custom M5 or M30 macro, or both to turn off your controllers when you're done.
I'd suggest having both.

If you guys need anything to make this work well or need the screen changed to make more sense feel free to leave a comment and I'll consider changing it.
Also let me know if any of you need some examples for those macros.
I'm sure this will need some tweaks.

Also make sure you're using a build new enough to include the screen framework module within it.
Build 5300+ should be good. We're working on a release sorry it's been so long.

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Print Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 01:06:06 PM »
Very nice.
Good job