Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:58:18 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362426 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1200 on: January 30, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »
HI All,
I have done a rather quick update of the manual, a lot of work to be done, but in the mean time here is the link:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10091.msg62041.html#msg62041

NOTE: I have not done any work on the Appendixes so i split them out of the document as a seperate PDF.
so no need to download the appendixes if you downloaded ver 4 of the manual.

In dynamic LazyTurn times, ;)

RICH
« Reply #1201 on: January 31, 2010, 12:07:31 AM »
Hello,

When I try to install the new LazyTurn by running Lazyturn.exe I get
the following message:
This application has failed to start because Lvkrn15u.dll was not
found. Re-installing application may fix this problem.

Any ideas what might be happening here?

Thanks,
Kerry
« Reply #1202 on: January 31, 2010, 01:11:06 AM »
I get the same message but I thought it was just me running win 7.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 31, 2010, 08:38:46 AM »
kERRY,
HERE ARE THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS THAT ARE  IN THE MANUAL:

4.1 LazyTurn  ( LT ) currently can be run independently via hard drive, USB stick
     etc as it’s installation can stand alone.

4.2 When installing Mach3 you are asked if you also want to install LazyCam.
The current lockdown version of Mach3 installs LazyCam 3.00.2. If you are using an older version of Mach3 you may need to install the LazyCam 3.00.2 Update. Both versions can be downloaded from
the ArtSoft site. Here is the link:

http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php

4.3 You can either update LazyCam 3.00.2 by installing the update or create another directory for a stand alone installation, but both versions must be installed for LazyTurn to work.

"LazyCam 3.00.2 Update" is a special build that includes additional  required
                 files.

4.4 Now you will need to update the LazyTurn application file to the most recent version posted. As of  1/30/2010, The latest application file posted is:
Re:LazyTurn thread, reply #1170, page 118

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5767.msg91769.html#msg91769

Download and unzip the above file and copy the LazyTurn application file into the directory you installed Lazycam.  You will replace the existing  file that is there.

Once installed, you can play with LazyTurn by running lazyturn.exe in the resultant folder.

RICH
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:51:38 AM by RICH »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 31, 2010, 08:47:02 AM »
Attached is the file but i would do a reinstall. Rename the file
RICH
« Reply #1205 on: February 01, 2010, 12:05:37 AM »
Thanks Rich, that did it.

Can't wait till it's possible to generate code with a finish pass. We will be using it regularly in our shop.

Kerry

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 01, 2010, 11:39:52 AM »
ART,
This one seems to highlight problems.  It's 8.dxf from reply#247on page 227.
Even if not a practical piece or easy one to do, still can test many combinations of tools  to
see where something faults.
Actualy LT is not doing anything that we haven't already discovered. In fact  LT is doing a rather good
job on it. I have shown four different finish passes. Now if you can resolve the commonality of faults
it just may suprise us. If the pathing was to terminate at the faulted places then probably multiple finish
passes would work just fine. 

Too much to post in one reply so here is a Word file. You can then comment modifying the word file if you wish.

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: February 01, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »
Rich:

yup, youve pretty much identified what I see as the troubles remaining. Though I also see one rough pass seems to end early for some reason in the right center half way in the X dimension..

Undercuts are a bitch as they make a decision tough on when to pull out ( or left or right) and how much.. Im working on a more detailed algorithm to identify those tough points for special processing..

Thx for the detailed results.. Ill yell soon when I have a new version for testing to see if I can better eliminate those sticky points..

Art
« Reply #1208 on: February 02, 2010, 03:24:15 AM »
Nice to see that lazy turn will be done before my lathe.  LOL

Hi Rich, after reading your prior post 4 times I was able to get lazy turn up and running on my win7 computer. Thanks for the tips.

Hi Art,
Not that it is critical at this time but on my Win7 laptop Lazy turn opens and imports a dxf nicely. If I move the mouse over one of the arrows on screen or make a tool modification that requires a screen redraw I get an open GL error: stack overflow.

In the grand scheme of things not running on Win7 is not the end of the world. I can always setup a winxp computer but It would be nice to have all my cad/cam on one machine.

Having never used cam for the lathe it looks nice so far.
It is more motivation to get the lathe up and running.
Thanks for the hard work.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: February 02, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »
Hi Mike:

Point taken, I run a Win7 computer next to my development computer ( XP), Ill run some tests on Win7..

Thx
Art