Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:07:49 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359613 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2008, 09:43:33 AM »
HI Guys:

If you get a //ToDo error, let me know how..

Chip:  Inside cuts wont get done till weve totally replaced the LazyCam functionallity. Then Ill try to figure a way for that. This program is all done by me, Im
not using anyoine elses pocket code so its slow hacking and I figure out the algorithms as I go. :)

DXF's should now load better than ever though.. the optimiser seems much more happy overall..

Art
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2008, 01:10:42 PM »
Here's a TODO.....when attempting to open the attached DXF
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2008, 01:13:44 PM »
thx.. Ill find out why..

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2008, 02:39:25 PM »
Hi Guys:

Todo was caused on that one by the leading line being vertical and not part of the actual cut profile. Safeties have been added and this one now passes.

Post any others that affect you with Todo's or crashes, Ill fix them one by one till we're robust.

Graham reports crash on toolpath generation..I havent seen this one, anyone else?

This version fixes the posted Todo Crash.

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2008, 06:18:05 PM »
Hi:

Sorry to keep updateing, but this one cures more problems with pathing.. and also shows the loaded profile better.
Note the lines it adds to the start and end of profile to allow for proper pathing. Rear ruler is moved back to allow you to see the
actual profile entities. You neednt draw the start and end lines, they will be added automatically if not there..

Art

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 10, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »
Never be sorry for updating Art, I just wish I could put in some helpful input for you to use but I'm still a yutz when it comes to turn.

Thanks for working so hard on this!  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 10, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
Hey Dave,
What CAD software are you using? Just draw something and dxf it out.  .....or......
Attached is  a file that works.
Import it and save it in your native CAD program  then just export it back out. This will give another version of software dxf output to test. I am limited to Autocad and Microstation.
RICH

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 07:03:01 PM by RICH »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 10, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
ART,
Using 10-2 update. 
I had to show this one as this would be a PITA with some other software. Need a fast PC guys as it took 5 mins for it to generate the passes.
Just a question, is my interpretaion of 0 - 90 -180 setting correct for the button tool in that it indicates how the tool holder would be positioned?
In the other screen shot i was wondering if it would be worth having other info added to the tool description. No hurry but your making
this me lazy. ;D
RICH

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:05:48 PM by RICH »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 10, 2008, 09:56:05 PM »
Hi Rich:

Cool photo. :)

In a button tool the angle means nothing.  All tools are assumed to be poitning in until such time as I allow facing.
The angle input is simply the rotation for other bit shapes, but buttons are alwasy set to 0 degrees internally, there
is no effect from rotating the button insert.

Nice to see the undercut work, but Its a fluke of the algorithm I wrote. That'd be a tough cut ot be sure of as youd have to make sure that holder was weirdly enough shaped to allow for that cut.
The actual result you got is due to the fact I use only the actual tool insert for collision detection, though I did intend to upgrade that some day to take the holder into account. ( which is why the hodler size is specified, but unused at this point.

Looks like its loading better all the time though, and with the right holder I suppose you could cut that particular cut. LOL

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 11, 2008, 06:54:52 AM »
Thanks for the info Art as it saves me time. I did get a number of TODO's but will go back now and see what their
related to and make a list. How relevant they are will be for your judgement.

As far as the algorithm being a fluke.... sometimes a fluke can be an advantage. For instance, from a "practical machining" point with defined inserts and toolholder restrictions, you wouldn't be able to machine something, but if it's small turnings and "the tool shape" is up to the user ( ie; just give me the profile cuts and i will worry about the tool), then any gcode for any profile would be easily possible. So, maybe as an option, using the button tool and no restraints because of holder, you get something that no other program gives you with ease. Hope this makes sense.

Now from a programming point of view, something like the above could end up just adding complexity to the program which is not worth doing. Don't want to poison your focus but maybe something to think about.

RICH