Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:06:53 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359612 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #860 on: February 12, 2009, 11:50:12 AM »
OK, I', still trying.  I think I am getting closer.  Here is a file for another part of my Miser engine.  I looks like it roughed it out OK.  I am going to use a .125" wide grooving tool to cut the part.  When I enter .125 as the tools inscribed circle the tool shows up twice as wide as it should be.  If I enter .0625 as the inscribed circle, the entry changes to .01.  I can't enter any value between .1 and .01.   I chose .1 since it was closer to what I wanted than .01.  Everything looked OK so I posted.  I am in diameter mode in both Lazyturn and MachTurn.  The G-code that was generated came out half the diameter of what was shown in the Lazyturn display.

Vince

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 12, 2009, 01:35:49 PM »
hmm, Ill have to double check the radius/diamter mode.. and allow a smaller incribed circle on a gouging tool, ( there really is no such concept in a gouger.. but a radius of .1 would be a width of .2 at any rate, I just need to remove the limitation of width from a gouging tool is all I think.. and check the end code generator..

Getting there slowly..  :)

Art
« Reply #862 on: February 12, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
Art
Cut the tunnel today it cut the profile but LT left about 3 MM this a lot on this part to put one finish pass, anyway to rough it out to say 1 MM this would be a good pass amount in any of the versions is the finish pass button working yet i am on a December version thanks.

Dennis

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: February 12, 2009, 03:11:00 PM »
Dennis:

No, still no finish path, but its getting closer. Typically, the most that will be left on any section will always be less than 1 pass depth, if doing a 3mm depth, you may have up to 3mm left over and uncut. This is a normal roughing cycle though. The next step will be a semi-finish pass, which is a roughing cycle done with a finishing tool to remove anythign that woudl overload the finish tool during its final finish pass but I cant do that until I fix up rough stock gouging tests..thats currently being worked on.

Thx
Art
« Reply #864 on: February 12, 2009, 04:49:59 PM »
Art
OK i will have to come up with a work around for now but the program is looking better and better keep up the good work i appreciate it.

Dennis

Hi, Dennis Hears the File, Chip
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:03:36 PM by Chip »
« Reply #865 on: February 13, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »
Hi Chip
Thanks for the file.

Dennis

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 17, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »
Hi Guys:

Sorry, had to delete an earlier post.

This new version is faster, more accurate, and now knows how much material is left.
It can take a long time to generate hundreds of passes, but this is about as fast as it gets I think for this type
of algorithm.

You should find this version much more robust, and accurate, not to mention faster. Radius/Diameter is taken into account in posting as well.

Anyway, have fun,

Art
« Reply #867 on: February 17, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »
Hi Art,
Sorry to be a wet blanket...
Getting the following errors when opening any dxf file.  These were ok in the previous Version.

"CLazyTurnView
   An OpenGL error occured: invalid value"  OK out of that to get

"Warning no appropriate turning profile found"  OK out of that and you get in to a continuous loop of the first error requiring you to use task manager to quit LT.

Cheers,
Paul

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:50 PM »
  You should find this version much more robust, and accurate, not to mention faster. Radius/Diameter is taken into account in posting as well.

Anyway, have fun,

Art

I tried the latest version with the crosshead dxf file in my earlier post using a .060 grooving tool,  Pullout clearance of .1, stock clearance of .01 and depth per pass of .05 and Lazyturn locks up.  It draws a yellow path outline before locking up.  In my windows task manager it says the LazyTurn.exe is using 99% fo the CPU.  If I choose a .125" grooving tool it does not lock up.  If I choose a depth per pass of .025 with the .125" grooving tool, it locks up.  If I use the .060 grooving tool and set the z offset for 0 and the stock diameter at 1.5" it works.

Vince
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:02:54 PM by N4NV »
« Reply #869 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »
Opps, Looks like I've broken something here  :(.  Tried the Feb 7th version and that's giving the same errors.  I'll look into it a bit further tomorrow.

Paul