Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:09:52 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359511 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #880 on: February 19, 2009, 01:24:58 PM »
Getting the following errors when opening any dxf file.  These were ok in the previous Version.

"CLazyTurnView
   An OpenGL error occured: invalid value"  OK out of that to get

"Warning no appropriate turning profile found"  OK out of that and you get in to a continuous loop of the first error requiring you to use task manager to quit LT.

Hi Art,
Seems the problem was only found when opening a file that was listed in the 'file' menu.  Open the same file from its original location, and it works. One the file has been opened from its original location, it works from the file menu too  ???
Cheers,
Paul

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 23, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »
Hi, Art

I.ve done a little more checking on Post's, They seem to post properly hear, Rad. & Dia.

1. In the LT display there is a issue when setting stock size value, It hangs the ruler values pop-up white windows if you change the value and remains frozen till you reset the  Profile Diameter.

2. In Dia. mode the left side Tool Path Data "Per Pass" value is 1/2 the value it should be, It should show Rough Profile "Depth Per Pass" setting value.

This version is working much faster for sure.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 04:02:48 PM by Chip »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 23, 2009, 02:36:00 PM »
Thx Chip:

Ill check them out.

Here is a new version. This version completes Phase 2 ( AntiStock gouging).

This , however, is impossible to do without introducing a new setting you need to worry about.

Ive stated before , that center post tools will be considered safe to cut on both sides of the tool. Left tools, can cut only on
the left of the tool, Right post tools only on the right of the tool. Next phase will have the toolpaths cutting in those directions as well.
Center and left facing tools will cut Right to Left, and Right facing tools will cut left to right.

This leaves the question of "How much" of the flank of the tool can cut. Ive opted to do this as easily as I could figure out by
adding a tool setting called "Flank Depth". If you were to measure fromt he tip of your cutting edge to the furthest away part of the flank
that is safe to cut, this would be the flank depth. This will greatly affect your end toolpath, so study the pic's enclosed till you understand
the concept. Note that on the tool, the flank that CAN cut is only to a depth of "flank" mm's.

The result can be seen in the example cut path, note how the tool stays firther and further away from the desired cut since the tool would
otherwise cut deeply into the stock on the flank edge.. thats a no no.. :) , you can set for center post, or use a flank of zero if you dont care
about stock gouging.

Expect this one to be slightly slower, its doing much much more. :)

Art

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 23, 2009, 04:24:48 PM »
I had troubles with the 2 previous versions but this version is working VERY well for me, Art, no issues yet to report -  ;D

Thank you so much, as always-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Racer

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 24, 2009, 10:00:47 PM »
This is looking good! Thanks Art

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 24, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »
Am I correct that at this time LazyTurn only does turning, not facing?

Vince
« Reply #886 on: February 24, 2009, 10:59:50 PM »
That is correct Vince,
RC

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 25, 2009, 02:05:52 AM »
Hi, Art

Tool settings and profiles, Just couldn't resist looking beyond the limit's a Little, Wow !!!

Look's like the tool Shape profile is working nicely.

Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 25, 2009, 06:38:26 AM »
Looking good Art!
Although quitely on the side, I'm still following the postings. Hopefully will get
around to doing some testing. Keep up the good work.
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 25, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »
Thx guys, its starting to accelerate a bit as I get past the very hard sections..

Here is the next version, this allows for either direction in cutting. Only center tools can cut in either direction, a left tool can cut only left, a rigth tool only right.
You can switch directions in the Rough dialog by pressing the direction indicator.

Thx, Have fun,
Art