Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:40:30 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359546 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1150 on: November 27, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »
Hank,
I will have a look at the file later on today. Foolling around fixing a Sherline Mill that has been collecting dust for a long time.  At least i found a place on the bench for it!
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 27, 2009, 04:06:32 PM »
Hank,
Try the attached dxf and read the attached pdf file.
Take a look at the LC manual Tutorial #7, first few pages at least as they are very important.
There is a difference in drawing preparation if you use use lazyTurn and have also attached a file *********xx_LT for use to
shown the difference.
RICH
Re: LazyTurn 3L Pulley
« Reply #1152 on: November 27, 2009, 05:18:31 PM »
Hi Rich,
I read the namual and that section was included. Thanks for the kick n the pants. I drew that part must have been 40+ times,I refered to the pawn dwg that I have been busy with,and could Not for the Life of me get the 3L to post in LT. I did not get as far as to have it post to LC, and just could not figure out why it is hard ,sometimes to post. I see you proved a bold line on the leading edge and end, that are back to the axis 0.0 points. Like I say, this is the first time I had problems with a post of a file. I thought maybe because of the many angles, but proved wrong. On pawns they are generated to from the first curve to the end curve, and then there is no need for the end lines  to be drawn, thats my thinking,although,now with sharp edges,like the 3L, they are different, lines tend to be drawn out,or out and down to get accepted. I save all the drawings that I have for reference,and did so just like the others. Anyhow,thanks for picking your brain, and I sure did read that section. Although now looking at the .dwg, I've got to do it over as the small end is just too small, better to delete and figure out the rpm again,and shaft size. Hey, Good luck with your new toy you found. small machines like that always keep you busy,cause there's always room for improvement. Again, Thanks. Sure wish it would snow,as 'Art' could maybe finish the LT finnishing path. Hint! Hint!.... 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 27, 2009, 07:20:46 PM »
Hank,
Most of the problems with LC or LT are self created before they are even imported into the program. There are a few quirky things, but for the most part, if it is drawn correctly and some machining thought put into the drawing things go rather easily. Yes, i look forward to the finish pass also, but, then i will need to go and start working on the LT manual and right now i am about manualed out.

RICH

« Reply #1154 on: December 13, 2009, 06:36:19 PM »
Art,

I'm really eager to have a finish pass.  I'm supposed to cut 1000 wood pincushion bases by February and, of course, I'm using the roughing pass in lieu of a finish pass.  It works, but I'm sure that having a finish pass will let me rough it out much faster and save a lot of time.  Multiplied by 1000 of these things, the time savings would be significant.

I'd be happy to test a pre-release with my project. 

Dave

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: December 13, 2009, 09:33:09 PM »
Dave:

Ill release a test as I get there. Work in underway , and Im hopefull it wont be too long.
I finally figured out HOW Ill do it, so if the idea works, it may be soon, if it fails... :-)
Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: December 13, 2009, 10:01:28 PM »
ART,
It is winter time now.  ;)
So whenever your ready.

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: December 14, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Hi Guys:

Im working on finish pass, but a recent note that a plunge rate woudl be good also made me add that as its a fair point.

Here's the latest version that allows for a plunge rate to be set for any tool as well.

Art
« Reply #1158 on: December 20, 2009, 06:31:20 PM »
Art,

The X-axis feed rate helped a lot.  I dropped from 7-1/2 minutes to 3-3/4 minutes with the separate X feed rate.  Thanks!!!

Only, I don't understand why you called it "plunge rate" instead of simply "X-feed rate."  If performing a facing or boring operation wouldn't "plunge rate" be a misnomer, since the roles of X and Z are reversed when compared to turning operations?

Dave

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: December 20, 2009, 08:12:12 PM »
True.. Ill consider that for next release.

Art