Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:15:20 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359570 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #920 on: March 27, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »
Looking good ART !
 Four items.
1. When selecting 2 different tools for 2 passes, the graphically displayed tool for the last operation is the only one seen from then on, regardless of which profile is selected in the tree. Seems like the selected profile should show it's associated tool.
2. When leaving ample material for the second pass, the material on the end of the part is un-cut buy the 2nd pass.
3. Would also be nice if when selecting a profile from the tree, then clicking CUT, the info would persist for that op.
4. The initial pass, regardless of settings makes no attempt to undercut at the extreme left end of the part. The second pass always undercuts....see illustration. No problem I guess, just different.

Just simulating, no code or actual running.
Thanks,
RC
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 11:18:18 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #921 on: March 27, 2009, 02:47:46 PM »
Here is a single pass generated with the same tool and settings as the 2nd cut in the previous post to show no undercut.
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 27, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »
Thanks Rich:

Ive already noted the tool change when simulating is wrong, Ill check the undercut status as well on the additional paths.
Lots of small bugs to deal with , the display jumps a bit in sim of additional paths as well, so Ill hopefully have a new version in
a few days to correct these smaller items. Good news is it appears to work pretty well.
  Glad to hear you guys seem to find it lazy, its my main thrust, though I know it causes limitations in its usage in some situations.

Have fun, keep posting the weirdies..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 27, 2009, 03:24:15 PM »
Hi, Art

Look's Real Good.

RC, I think if you'd increase the "Blue" Stock Dia some more, You'll get the full Profile.

3'rd pic, second pass

Chip
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:32:01 PM by Chip »
« Reply #924 on: March 27, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »
Thanks ART,
   COOL stuff.
RC  "RUSS"..................RICH knows more of what he's talking about...LOL

Hi Chip,
  I think i see what you are referring to but that is not what I was attempting to illustrate.
Even by increasing the stock OD or reducing the DOC, the other issues still apply.
  Can you verify that the 2nd pass does not remove any matl. from the face of the part on one of your sample dxf's ?
Thanks Chip.
Lakeland ? ? ? ? ?
I might,
RC

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 27, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »
Hi guys, just some info for you. First just want to say that you to Art for the update as I'm having a blast playing with it a bit. A nice break from all the work lately.. ;)

Ok, I have some good success but one issue that may actually be my fault but wanted to show it anyway, just in case. I get the same undercut (like RC) when it is in fact not drawn that way. It happens on my finish cut only. I tried making the diameter larger as Chip suggested but I still get the undercut as well.

Thanks,
Dave

EDIT: Not sure why my preview of the "undercut" pic isn't showing but it will open when clicked on...  ::)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:47:11 PM by budman68 »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #926 on: March 27, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
Hi Dave,
  I see in your examples also that the right end or face is not cut in the finish pass either.
Select the "Finish/Rough Cut" alone in the tree and you will see what I mean.
Thanks,
Russ

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 27, 2009, 07:12:55 PM »
Hi, Russ, Dave & All

Well I tried several LH line end type's and none of them stopped the Undercut.

I was hopping maybe a "Point" would do it, What you think about that,  "Art", For an End point and Separator from one tool to another.

Chip

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 27, 2009, 07:17:50 PM »
Hi Dave,
  I see in your examples also that the right end or face is not cut in the finish pass either.
Select the "Finish/Rough Cut" alone in the tree and you will see what I mean.
Thanks,
Russ

Hi Chip,

Thanks for looking. Wouldn't that happen because of the shape of the diamond tool tip, or am I missing something else?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 27, 2009, 07:24:16 PM »
Hi, Dave

Yes, The tool shape stop's it, But with the Cutoff type tool, "No", Pic 3 a couple post's up.

Chip