Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:25:29 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359571 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #480 on: December 14, 2008, 12:33:31 PM »
Hi Rich

Roughing is just what you say "get away the bulk of material" so you want to do that quick with a great cutdepth and short chips, it don't have to be smooth just quick.
For that purpose you can use a special tool with other parameters (roughing with a very small tooltip is asking for broken tools) and a heavy body then finishing tools, also if the tip of the tool is not so nice oke but he needs to cut quite a Lot in a short time.
The bigger the workpiece the more important roughing will be.

The screenshot is just an example to show that some tools are not capable to get all the material away and will not go in every shape.
What i would like to see that you can point a part of the toolpath and tel the program to use a specific tool for that part.
That means also that the g1 code is not always direction chuck but sometimes direction tail.
Until now the button tool is used but with a button with a body of 0,5mm width there will be no large chips

Greetings:
Willem
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:35:35 PM by W.Jansen »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 14, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »
Rich:

Roughing as a step can leave larger chunks than onw wouel eant to ake in a finsh pass, so ID define "Fine-Rough" as a step that reduces the chucks to a size managable by a finish tool. ( typically the same tool as the finish pass woudl be generated with. Basically iits a safety pass to clean up the profile so that a proper finish pass can be applied without hurting the finish tool. Any tool can be used for any pass, but by allowing a fine-rough pass, youd know that the same tool now can do a proper finish pass without marring the surface.

A proper surface finish requires we dont rub the stock,nor chatter from overstress on the tool, but come as close to the "finishdepth" of material removed on the entire pass, this will eliminate chatter and rub problems in the final finish as the finish tools stress is held as close as possible to a static condition during that final pass.

Thats wht I planned for anyway. :)

As to the fact that multiple rough passes may nbe necessary, that too is already int he code, but its completion requires the fine-rough stage to be a valid one as its inputs conditions will be used by the second or third rough pass. Its input conditions are calculated by the first rough pass. SO I need to progress a bit further before you begin to see secondary roughing. In all cases the tools will be unrestricted and any can be used on any stage.

Im working now of some optimisations that Ive left for a long time, so Im hoping next version will be much faster than previosu version, and Ive also added auto-stitch that fixes some drawing where end's done meet to starts or overlaps exist. The program now tries to fix such things on the fly for even more file loads.

Art

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 14, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »
Hi, Art

Have a question, Can the Yellow marker ref. the X Zero point, Then Green marker would show cut start point as drawing shows hear.

As it is there is a disagreement in the value, The Blue marker shows part Diameter from Y Zero point.

Hope this makes sense, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 14, 2008, 10:50:24 PM »
Hi, Art

Tool settings shone in these 3 Pic's seem pretty Good. !!

Within each Group there are some strange results though, Some of the setting values seem inch/mm crossed up or Something.

WOW, Very Nice Art, Thanks, For all the hard work.

Hears a dxf of the King with 2 final passes and 1 rough pass, If you missed it bottom of page 47. "  King_Master_Tap_Test_3.tap ".

Just off in the Oz-Zone Hear Working, Chip

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 16, 2008, 01:21:11 PM »
Hi Guys:

Heres a new version that takes into accoutn an overhang on the pullouts. Its also optomises some for speed considerations..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 16, 2008, 05:23:27 PM »
Hi, Art

Seems faster, Yellow overhang marker values agree now, Tool's seem better also, Thanks.

Still getting the File Open Error hear, Are you not having the same Problem. ?

If you don't create a 0 k Blank file and over write an existing file, It dose not over write the previous content completely and the file just get's bigger & bigger.

It's just a Paine ..........

Thanks, Chip

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 16, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
Still having the same file saving issue here as well, Chip-

Thanks Art -  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 16, 2008, 07:21:01 PM »
CHIP,
My file save is different here. Try this:
1. create a clean file lets call it "blank.txt"
2. post to that file ( now don't close it / leave it open in notepad ) - FOR THIS ONE I DID A COMPLETE ROUGH CUT
3.do another rough cut - I DID A CUT BASED ON A DIFFERENT Z START POINT ALONG THE PROFILE
4. post to the same file ( i will get notepad showing me another file of the same name but with the different rough cut posted in it)
5.open another file using notepad, lets call it blank 1 ( you can now copy from either or both of the banks still open to blank 1 in any order you want, partial or full
you can't copy from blank to blank BUT YOU CAN SAVE EACH INDIVIDUAL FILE

MODIFIED: ADDED ATTACHMENT AND NOW ADDED CAPS TEXT
RICH
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:14:58 PM by RICH »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 16, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »
Hi, Rich

It's Not that I can't save a File, It's just, It's A Gigantic Pain in the Butt,

It worked just fine in 3 early er Versions in Pic below and created the File with ought the need for all the Extra Steps.

There may be a Technical Reason, I just don't see it, Adding back in a Few lines of Code, By Art.

Eliminating the need for the Extra Steps for All the Tester's Hear.

Thanks, Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 16, 2008, 08:24:20 PM »
ART,
Thanks for the posting ability. I wanted to fool with mutiple cuts using different slider values and it will be so much easier to do now.
Before doing that, there are still some issues i found on the rough cuts when using different tools and will try to duplicate and post what i am seeing.
RICH