Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:25:25 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359587 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #760 on: January 10, 2009, 08:55:07 AM »
Hi, et All,
Thanks ,I may see if I can do a Screen 4 and do a change. I played once before,and forgot to save after all the bips and boxes were arranged, POOF! o-well ....   Thanks,   Hank S.
« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2009, 03:24:52 AM »
Hi
I have file it cannot be done, because of intersecting profiles or so.
what am I doing wrong?
« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2009, 04:52:14 AM »
Hi Zeeschuim

No problem here.

Greetings:
Willem
« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2009, 05:07:13 AM »
Did A little more testing.
With A button tool up to 0.4mm it works.
With A button tool more then 0.4 I get the same result.

Greetings:
Willem
« Reply #764 on: January 11, 2009, 05:47:06 AM »
Hi all

I think it is this part of the dxf that is not good.
Play with this part and you get te most funny thinks.

Greetings:
Willem
« Reply #765 on: January 11, 2009, 08:19:27 AM »
I agree with you Willem,
   Zooming in closer reveals a profile that would be difficult and impractical to try to cut.
Simply trimming and connecting with a 2mm Rad. removes the undercuts and seems to eliminate the problem.
RC
« Reply #766 on: January 11, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »
OK, thanks guys
I have to take more attention when drawing.
regards,
Cees

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 11, 2009, 09:32:36 AM »
CAD RULE in manual

3.19   Do not draw a profile with an element going or turning in a downward / backwards direction towards the face of the profile. The profile can proceed downwards but must be at least perpendicular to the center line of the object. ( As LazyTurn develops the statement may longer hold true but applies for now.)

also, practicaly speaking,
For actual machining you would need a tool tip radius small enough to follow the profile ( get into the sharp corners). Sharp corners are not good design in that they "introduce stress intensification factors" which downgrade the allowable forces and also affect cyclic design. Not to be smart but added the comment for interest purposes. If you want those sharp corners then you will need a very pointed ( or even custom ) tool to follow the profile and use that tool for the finish pass ( which Art is working on ).

Common sense will be required by the user when they create / use  a tool with an appropriate defined depth cut, spindle speed, etc. as it applies to what they want to machine.

RICH

« Reply #768 on: January 11, 2009, 09:35:44 AM »
Hi Rc

But there is another  funny thing.
Look what happens if I just replace  pointer "A" in the dxf.
How is this possible
« Reply #769 on: January 11, 2009, 10:29:18 AM »
CAD RULE in manual

3.19   Do not draw a profile with an element going or turning in a downward / backwards direction towards the face of the profile. The profile can proceed downwards but must be at least perpendicular to the center line of the object. ( As LazyTurn develops the statement may longer hold true but applies for now.)

also, practicaly speaking,
For actual machining you would need a tool tip radius small enough to follow the profile ( get into the sharp corners). Sharp corners are not good design in that they "introduce stress intensification factors" which downgrade the allowable forces and also affect cyclic design. Not to be smart but added the comment for interest purposes. If you want those sharp corners then you will need a very pointed ( or even custom ) tool to follow the profile and use that tool for the finish pass ( which Art is working on ).

Common sense will be required by the user when they create / use  a tool with an appropriate defined depth cut, spindle speed, etc. as it applies to what they want to machine.

RICH

Yep,
but when English is not your own language it is difficult enough.
regards,
Cees