Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:53:07 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359563 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2008, 07:12:28 PM »
Actually I just got a message from "overloaded" that you have to have a file created first and then when posting, you just overwrite it.

So I'm not the only one with this issue Art.  ;)  Might be worth looking into?

Thanks gain-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 26, 2008, 07:25:13 PM »
I have been playing with LazyTurn for some time and still don't have much of a clue what I am doing.  It only started to work on my computer with the latest download.  When I try to load the file pulley.dxf, it seems to work except that it is reversed and at one end it looks like the tool move out from the part instead of in like the dxf.

Is there any kind of instructions manual somewhere I can download?

Vince

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 26, 2008, 08:52:58 PM »
Looks about right to me, the drawing gets modified to fit certain rules as iut loads. As to Doc's..nope. Its only a development program, there are no instructions..

Art

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2008, 07:08:56 AM »
Hi Art

I got lazyturn installed using the lazycam 3.00 updater file and then I copied the latest lazyturn .exe file into the folder. I only have lazycam installed on this computer, no mach3

I've created a simple profile and exported as a R12 dxf then opened it in lazyturn no problem, by the way how do you set the zero to the tailstock end?
Here's were the problems start, I opened the tool setup and the black tool holder is making a strange wavy action from left to right, I then got an message saying "open gl error stack overflow". This also happend sometimes when I tried to create a tool path.

When I click the create toolpath button I then get a message saying "mouse click detected do you want to quit the operation, yes/no (buttons)" clicked the no button and the message reappeared, this repeats until the progress bar at the bottom has advanced to the end.
Clicking the yes button gives a message "path creation error no stock contour".

I've also tried it on another computer with the same results.

If you want more info or screen shots I'll sort them for you.

Thanks
Steve
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 07:15:34 AM by bowber »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 27, 2008, 08:07:13 AM »
Steve:

Any mouse click while generating a toolpath with stop the path ( optionally) , so I suspect your double clicking the post button, its seeing the second click as a stop command.

The OpenGL errors Im still looking for, I dont get them mut I suspect they are due to some small number problems ( the program was written in metric and Im converting some things to match standard measurments..

You set zero to the end of stock by clicking the red arrow on top of the stock, the other arrows allow the stock diamter to change and such. The tool waving is a diag for me and will stop soon.

Art
« Reply #305 on: November 27, 2008, 08:54:33 AM »
Hi ART,
  Here is a sure fire way to get the Open GL/Stack Overflow.
Make an attempt to adjust the Stock OD "smaller" than how it is depicted when opening the DXF.

In the earlier releases, these sliders could be adjusted to where ever needed, even to scale the part down.
Chip mentioned earlier that the DXF needs to be drawn MUCH smaller in dia., then expanded with the sliders due to the fact that they will not reduce without the errors.

It worked GREAT early on.
Maybe a clue for you.
Thanks,
RC

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 27, 2008, 10:18:07 AM »
Hi Art

Thanks for the reply.
I'm definatly only clicking once.
Just tried again and I clicked the yes button this time and had to repeatedly click it until the progress bar reached the end.

I'll try it on my laptop later as I'm in my office right now.

What does the inscribed circle mean and how do I tell it how wide a grove tool is, or is all this info in previous posts, I tried going through them all but only got to page 8 before having to stop the kids killing each other :)

Steve
« Reply #307 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:11 AM »
Hey Steve, instead of clicking NO, hit the N on your keyboard. See if it then continues.
Some of the tool info is in previous posts, I find that the IC seting does adjust the width of the grooving tool.
And the HOLDER length adjusts the projection.
RC

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »
When I click the create toolpath button I then get a message saying "mouse click detected do you want to quit the operation, yes/no (buttons)"

I am having the same problem and I know I am only clicking once.

Vince

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 27, 2008, 10:27:38 AM »
Steve, when that mouse click dialog box comes up, don't use your mouse at all and hit the "N" key on your keyboard and that will generate your toolpath  ;)

Take note of the green "loading" bar at the bottom of the page. Depending on your settings, it can take awhile so go get your self a beverage while you wait -  ;D

Dave

EDIT: crap, I see this was posted above ...lol!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)