Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:59:06 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359644 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1230 on: February 10, 2010, 02:14:28 PM »
 ART,
Glad they helped. It also gives a new user an approach to using LT and may shorten the learning curve.

As far as the manual, I would envision it would lag by about a month, but, there would be a
 concurrent revision very soon after the release. I will probably just lump a whole bunch of comments
 into an appendix callled verbage holding.This would save comments that may apply at a future time.

A new thread may be in order once it's released since the manual along with appendix will cover all
 of the replies in this thread.

Till the next update,
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: February 12, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »
Hi Guys:

Thought youd like to see latest output showing proposed finish pass only, with no roughing..

Art
« Reply #1232 on: February 12, 2010, 12:18:32 PM »
Sure did !
Looks GOOD !
Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: February 12, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »
HMM....
So the cuts of the finish pass will follow the profile contour and not like some other programs where they do small
X / Z moves with just a final profile cut.
Correct?  way to go!

RICH
« Reply #1234 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
I'm stoked,
I may have to give up sleep this weekend to finish the lathe just to try it out.

It just gets better and better.
Way to go Art.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 12, 2010, 12:44:30 PM »
And yet another work of "Art"  ;D

Sorry, I realize that one's been beaten to death but I bet Art never gets tired of hearing/reading it.

Thanks, Art, it looks fantastic-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: February 12, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »
Rich:

Yes, the final pass will always be the full countour, but the pre-rouging of the finish pass will be the lines I show in the example, but culled to lines only that actually take material out of the
remaining stock from other roughing and finish passes which may have been done. SO the only time youd get passes as above, is if you hadnt roughed or finished with another tool.

Art

Im just gratefull its still pretty lazy to use, Im trying to keep user selections to a minimum.
« Reply #1237 on: February 12, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »
Hi Art,
To make it any lazier, you would have to make it load the machine for you.

Just my 2 cents but for most of us it looks like it is already done. The undercuts and other assorted crazy stuff are for the future, not so lazy cam.LOL

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 12, 2010, 01:42:54 PM »
ART,
So you will leave the finish as shown in the example such that a rough or finish pass is not "mandatory".
Will LT post code for those lines?.....or is it just a visual when no rough & finish were done.

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: February 12, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
Rich:

Ive decided that how or if you rough is up to you. If you dont rough, youll get exactly ( pretty much ) as you see in the picture. BUT , if you were to do another
finish with another tool, you may get only the one finish pass, or mayeb two or three outward, depending on how muach material remains fromt he first finish
operations.
  So the general rule for any rough or finish is it will post code only for motions that remove material.

Art