Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:16:17 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359599 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #430 on: December 09, 2008, 12:29:42 AM »
Hi, Art

File save Worked on these Ver's of LT, Please.

Pic's

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 01:01:18 AM by Chip »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 09, 2008, 06:26:39 AM »
Art,
To do with square tool and file attached.
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 09, 2008, 07:16:09 AM »
Hi Rich:

Foudn and fixed, the real problem is the tool is impossible.

A square tool with an inscribed circle of .01 cannot physically have a tool tip radius of .01, they cannot fit
in the equation for a square. Hence, the tip is impossible by physical definaition, so the tip didnt get created,
this caused a fault when the program tried to match the collisions.

Ive captured the fault and it will generate a "tip failure" in future. Its also why the tool looks round, its trying to fit the .01 tip radisu on each of the 4 corners of a tool
which has an incribed radisu of only .01.

Ill try as well to make the tool generator tell you thats impossible. Once fixed, I get a fairly good toolpath from it.

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 09, 2008, 11:20:08 AM »
Great Art,
It would be nice if an input fault was given for some off the wall input. I don't how far you take the error stuff
though. Maybe just let time take it's course.

But.....need to keep just one, ie; maybe the  button tool for representing a point tool with almost no width
for turning of small stuff even if it dosn't make sense!

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 09, 2008, 04:34:42 PM »
Rich:

New version out soon, it wont allow such tools to exist. Also ..save parameters if fixed for depths and such.

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2008, 04:55:58 PM »
NEw version that will not allow illegal circ/tip combinations.

Not complete, it wont warn you, it will just make a tool that is as close as you can physically get.
I suspect this will stop allot of those weird errors. Also, parameter saving is fixed.

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 09, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
ART,
Can you share preliminary  thoughts on any of the tool restriction's.

Will there be any difference between restrictions of say a roughing or finishing tool?
ie; The total tip must fit into an inscribed circle of *********x" for a button tool or *********x" / different for each of
the other tool's.

What would be the smallest tip radius?
( 0.001" is a tough one practicaly speaking, but 0.002 to .004" is not)

Can the min holder width be equal to the tip radius?

My concern is that because of the clash detection / and you can't turn it off / tip radius is say restricted to .010" / or no profile code generation , that turning of small items will suffer, thus code generation for the model maker won't be easly available.
Frankly your almost there now, but.....i can't relate to what effect that has on causing programing problems.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 09, 2008, 06:22:22 PM »
AHH.... ART,
Had me worried until i saw your new version post.
Fooling with it now, the tool tip failure is nice.
And even if code is posted i see that the code is not right and the roughing cuts are lacking in
the gcode.
Time to play. :)
Rich

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 09, 2008, 07:10:12 PM »
Tim:

No real restriction, it just has to have a shape, and the shape must be real. For example, an incribed circle of 1mm cannot have tip radii of 5mm, the radisu is larger than the size of the tool itself. Inscribed circle tells the program how large the tool is, the tp radius really shoudl be able to be set to zero, a sharp point on the tip, that will happen soon. An inscribed circle is , for those unaware, the largest circle that can be placed on the tool without extending off the edges. Tip radisu is the roundness of the pointy parts.. :)

SO the only real concern in the end is that I dont allow you to specify mathmatically impossible shapes. I hope to allow you to draw a shape in the end.. I wrote the collision detection to take into accoutn any shape at all, not matter how complex, though it will slow the algorithms that check the gouge. Slowness will be the main issue, though I havent as yet tried to optimise speed at all, Im more worried about accuracy and safety to be frank, Id rather 10 guilty men go free, than one innocent man go to prison, or Id rather have too much material remain, than too much taken away. Easy to fix one.. hard to fix the other ..

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 09, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »
Art,
There is joy on my end with parameters being saved. :)

The same dxf file from post #353 was used to generate the attached comments.The comments are similar to that post also.Seems the button tool was fixed but not the 35 , 55 diamond tool. didn't try the others. You can see the Gcode as viewed in MAch.
RICH