Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:23:39 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359520 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #440 on: December 09, 2008, 10:01:09 PM »
Hi, Art

Very....Very Nice, Not needing to translate all these numbers around is Fantastic, It was driving me crazy.

Jumping to end cutting, With a 0.0001 offset in Y(X) value, The Rt end finish should be no more than normal clean-up work on part's and after the rough/finish pass is implemented it will be nice. Pic below.

Thinking down the road a little more, If you made Y= 0+values as they are (outside cut's) and Y= 0- values (inside cut') and zero "no man's" zone, Drawing a part profile could be mirrored  for ether ?

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #441 on: December 09, 2008, 10:03:43 PM »
Great timing RICH,  :D I was posting as you were.  GOOD WORK.
Was just going to note that the tip fails at .0004 and lower. It's fine at .0005
Also, the holder width is out by a factor of 2 to 1 to the IC display. No Biggie.
Getting better every day ART.
Thanks,
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 09, 2008, 11:44:04 PM »
Thanks Rich:

Ill work on it in the morning.. looks better, just still a bit touched when doign undercuts. ( thats why somne programs dont allow undercuts..

Not possibel to show in different colour.. 3d modeling is a tough art.. :)

Art

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 10, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »
Hello to all,
              just been trying to install latest LT release, but keep getting  message SGCORE.DLL was not found.

i have the latest MACH release installed, and have downloaded and re-installed LT a couple of times.

no problems with previous installs. help please.
                                                          rgds mick.
« Reply #444 on: December 10, 2008, 01:23:25 PM »
Hi Mick,
 Did you install the LC Update from the Dwnlds section ?
RC

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »
Hi, Mick

Make sure it's in the C:\Mach3 "main" Folder and you start it there, After you un-zip it you need to copy it there.

Edit: LazyCam 3.00.2 Update    http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php  Then install the latest up-date as above

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:47:27 PM by Chip »

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 10, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
RC,CHIP,
           Many thanks,every thing up and running.

i had missed the LCupdate.
                                               RGDS mick.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 10, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »
Thx guys..

Its only because of your testing it is where it is. Ill work on making 0 the minimum tip radius ( sharp point in other words..)

Chip:  Not a bad idea at all, Ill keep that in mind when I look to inside turning.. be awhile though. Im being a bit picky on this one to make sure
all works as well as I can.. Your toolpaths are looking pretty good, and your right, with a very small pass depth, just cleanup woudl pretty much make the piece, but it'd be a bit nasty of a finish. Whats required I think is a rough to .1 then a .1 finish pass. But that too is likely to be awhile. When Im finished cleaning up what we have the next step of "rough/finish" is going to be a bugger mathmatically..

-- Ill check the other diamonds, I thought I caught them too, but maybe not.

Still not sure why the roughing screwup on that inside chase.. but Im sure its related to the undercut..

( I notice this thread seems to be getting popular.. must be allot more turners out there than ever before. )

Thx,
Art
« Reply #448 on: December 10, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »
Just wondering.....What is the purpose or practicality of having a tip radius of less than .0005" .
Forgive me if I fail to see why an effort has to be made to reduce this to 0.
Just curious.
Great work ART !
Thanks,
RC

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 10, 2008, 05:53:50 PM »
RC,
I'm the culprit pushing for a real small tip radius.

Others please chime in with opinions. 

It doesn't have to be less than .001".  I selected that as the smallest value because practically speaking
never been able grind / hone one down to less than that number. In fact .002"  to .004" is probably
more like it when touched up. Most will never be able to actually measure it.

Not a programmer, but somehow i feel that a 0 value could just cause a problem. In the
miniature world of turning you will actually use a point tool and that tool will not look like any conventional tool.
Maybe a better way of saying it "you got the  gcode......the tool is up to you".

If some value is going to cause the program grief and time not well spent, then scrap it.
That's the my take on the practical tooling side.

Now from a programing / program side of things, I haven't the foggiest on what the limits are. I figure Art can judge that at any time.
RICH