Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:18:42 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359662 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #640 on: December 30, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
That screenshot is too funny -  :D

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 30, 2008, 07:11:13 PM »
Hi, Art

I was focusing a little to much on final pass profiles and the transition to that point with my question.

ooooooooo---ooooooo--ooo, A new button, Darn, Art it's not April.

Thanks, Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2008, 10:34:04 PM »
ART,
Using DEC 30-2 version.
The only difference between the first two attachments are stock clear and depth per pass and one provides
full profile while the other does not. Correct me but i thought that the DEC 30-2 version did away with that?
Just a little confused.

The third pic is from different software and it follows your posted rule but if stock is increased it also does the same as the one posted by RC. Like you said, it's in the works but thought i would post it anyway.

Thanks for the updates and look forward to seeing output from the finish pass profile screen.

BTW, I assume that where ever the rough finished LT will automatically generate a rapid to the start of the finish
profile.....or ......will there be a choice / input screen / to go to  the next move.
RICH

« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2008, 11:02:47 PM »
Hi Rich,
The diag. shows how much bigger the stock needs to be for the first pass to be unbroken.
Pic 1 is .1 from the profile, 2 is .oo1 
The stock needs to be pretty big.
But if that point is terminated with a short horizontal line...all is well regardless of how much is left for the finish pass.Thanks. Please excuse for butting in.
RC

EDIT: Horizontal lines do REDUCE the outward projection of the clearance but only slightly.
Sharp pointy profiles with large finish clearances get big quick.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 11:24:15 PM by Overloaded »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 30, 2008, 11:54:37 PM »
Hi Guys:

Unfortunatley, its a "feature" of the library I use to offset the contour, it doesnt have rounding of sharp tangentl breaks, so in a very sharp tangent, as you can see if you use the diagnostics output, the point gets very far away from the original profile. Such is math. I will look for a solution internally when I get a bit further, till then increasing stock is the only way. In the end I just need to modify the algorithm some to compensate for it..

Art
« Reply #645 on: December 31, 2008, 12:20:43 AM »
Okay thanks for the info, the problem Im having is I keep getting open gl statements and turning profile not found

My dxf creation program is autocad 2009
If I open the roller test master dxf as shown here in the forum within lazyturn, works perfect, but if I open it with autocad and resave as a new name, no line alterations etc it comes back when I run lazyturn no appropriate turning profile was found

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 31, 2008, 12:51:54 AM »
Hi, Simso

Post your dxf that you saved in your acad 2009, Also check if there are any other dxf output options available for a ver. 12 or 14 dxf file's.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:59:45 AM by Chip »
« Reply #647 on: December 31, 2008, 01:36:51 AM »
Thanks chip, I just saved your dxf file in all 5 different dxf versions from autocad. Closed all programs of and then tested each one to find out what each problem was. Your not going to believe it every file worked perfectly. I found that if I leave autocad open even after saving the files and exiting the file, lazy turn comes back open gl. If I shut down autocad completley lazyturn opens the file perfectly. Obviously autocad 2009 still holds the file slightly open in its memory.

Going to do up a file now and then go out and run it on the lathe and see how it comes up.

Very impressed.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 31, 2008, 01:54:42 AM »
Hi, Simso

Most of the time you can open the same file in several programs and only run into trouble with trying to save a file with changes made to it, If others are open.

If it's not one thing it's another, Glad you got it going.

Chip
« Reply #649 on: December 31, 2008, 07:05:47 AM »
Thanks for the help guys, it works an absolute treat exporting out of autocad now. Did a test run on the lathe and very very happy. Incredibly simplistic

However how long are we looking before you guys release a commercial version with a finishing toolpath included.

Thanks