Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 977755 times)

Offline bigbigjimbo

• View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1120 on: August 24, 2009, 11:21:19 PM »
Tere is a Lazyturn May28 in post 1067 this is the one i used at first and it did not give the full menu's As i said when i installed the one you mentioned chip it worked fine.

Offline RICH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 24, 2009, 11:38:43 PM »
Funny, as I am using the May 28 version and no problem. Don't know what to say.  ???
I quess a file download can be like Spam ,which is basicaly a case of bad meat in the can! ;)
I don't like Spam.
RICH

Offline bigbigjimbo

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 24, 2009, 11:49:48 PM »
Rich
We are only in trial anyway, what does your version do that the may 25 version does not do? This does not produce code yet or does it? i have tried but i think i need to read more in the manual.

Offline RICH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 25, 2009, 06:56:19 AM »
Bigbigjimbo,
It just optimises the rough passes .
 LT will post code to a file but not directly into Mach3 turn. For a single finish pass  you can use LazyCam . There is a manual in Member's  Doc's for LC. See Tutorial #5 for a how to ( it uses the same file as used for the LT Manual ). Note that you need to look at the whole manual as each tutorial builds on each other.
RICH

Offline k4mg

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 28, 2009, 09:56:08 AM »
Hi,

I am using LazyTurn to generate the roughing profiles for my turning, and LazyCam to generate the finish pass.  LT works fine on XP, but I need to use it on Vista and I have the following problem:

When I try to generate g-code in LT, using a new file name, LT says it can't find the file, and gives me an notepad file, which is empty.  I have LT 1.1.  If i start with a existing .tap file, I get the old file, unchanged. 

I took LT to another Vista machine, same result.  Tried on an XP machine, and everything works fine. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Barry

Offline RICH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 28, 2009, 10:27:09 AM »
I assume you have LC pro as that will post code, as far as Vista ( i use XP ) don't know what to tell you since i have never used it.
RICH

Offline ART

• Administrator
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 28, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »
Hi:

It has to do with Vista not allowing you to modify a file in certain folders. Try right clicking and selecting "Run as Admin", OR failing that, save the file to your desktop..

Art

Offline RICH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 28, 2009, 10:31:33 AM »
Art,
SO what's up with LazyTurn? In the Fall?
RICH

Offline ART

• Administrator
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 28, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »
Hi Rich:

My plan is for first snows... :)

Im working on a summer project approaching working status ( A next-generation planner) , so once I finish this I'll be back at LT, or on first snow II'll switch back. I needed the break to get fresh again.

Art

Offline RICH

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 28, 2009, 11:13:40 AM »
ART or Brian,
I am curiuos, will you or Brian ever / someday do any changes to LazyCam.
There is manual for it in the Members Docs and at the end of it there is a bug list.
Of that list, there are only a few important ones that require fixing.
RICH