Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:27:00 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359618 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2008, 05:02:40 PM »
Don't forget about use router lathe users  :o that use the rotation axis as an indexer and can make cuts along the length

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2008, 05:52:40 PM »
Hi Guys:

Sorry for the dealy, Ive been busy working on Tools. ( I decided I need tools and toolpaths before anythign else..)

1) LazyTurn will be free to LCam pro users. No extra charge at all.
2) Explain the scale view.. you mean a top down view showing what a user sets for the Chuck position and size??
3) Center line drilling and such should be do-able, certainly facing profiles will be on the Z face.
4) User Defined tools will not be in right away, BUT the design I cam up with for tools will allow for it to be added. The tool,
    in the end after designing it, will simply be a profile used mathmatically to detect collisions in creation of the path , so a user defined
    tool and holder, perhaps as a DXF will be importable in the end.. ( hopefully..)
5) Grooving parting tools will be usable, but Im not sure I understand enough about the offsets on that one to comment as yet
    on what I can do there..
6) For Lathe milling users would be advised to use Mill with an appropriate profile to move the right axis. I see that operation more as an Indexed Mill operation.

New version shoudl be out in a week or so, tools is an important function of any Turn program, so Im going slow..

Thanks
Art

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 29, 2008, 06:59:26 AM »
:)

hi art,

thank you for working on lazyturn. i am a newbee with mach3 turn, and i was quite disappointed about lazycam for turning; actually i cannot use it for generating profiles (pro version).

am i right that if you implement "tools" i should be able to generate profiles?

thanks
tantan
the netherlands

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2008, 10:08:33 AM »
Hi:

Yes, I do hope to do that, BUT primarily Im interested in the generation of toolpaths. There
are a few CAM packages out there to draw profiles and create paths, their high cost is due to the complexity
of doing all that, and the required support. If I can do a program that easily imports DX and generates toolpaths,
I may decide that thats enough. It was never my intent to compete with true CAM, its not a place I belong, but
I do have the requirement of a DXF -> Toolpath program, so thats my initial thrust. Its coming along, and the tool
definition is almoist done, then I need to do the actual path creations. At that point Ill look at future considerations,
but there no real guarentee Ill get there.. drawing profiles adds allot of complexity to an importation program,
so allot depends on how the toolpathing works..

Art

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2008, 04:23:49 AM »
hi art,

thank you for your reply. i think i misunderstand the difference between toolpaths and profiles. what i mean (and that is what i really miss) is: importing a dxf file, generating toolpahts so that every time the chisel go's along the material 0.5 mm (for example) of material is taken away.

thanks

antoine
the netherlands

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2008, 11:50:31 PM »
Hi Art,

I think what Antoine is trying to say is he is looking for LazyTurn to take a dxf profile as input, and generate toolpaths for both roughing passes and a finish pass (or two?) that follows the profile contour.

Anyway... that's what I'm hoping for!!!  ;)

I the past, I have used Turn Wizards to generate roughing and finish paths per segment... then copy/paste toolpath segments together for complete profile code.

Paul, Central OR
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2008, 11:38:20 AM »
Hi Art
 Thanks for getting to lazy cam turn as with the others i have been waiting for it question will there be a separate lazy cam download will my LIC work with it ?

Dennis
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2008, 12:01:00 PM »
Hi Dennis,
Check out ART's reply #71 above.
RC
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »
RC
 Thanks for pointing that out to me i have not gone through all the post on this subject OK i didn't know there are 2 different versions of LC i thought what i had was the only version so what do you get with the Pro version that the standard version won't do?

Dennis
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2008, 10:27:01 AM »
I was just looking at the software purchase page and just remembered i purchased a LC lic will it cover the pro version?

Dennis