Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:49:35 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359595 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #450 on: December 10, 2008, 06:05:10 PM »
Hi:

For all intents and purposes there is no real good reason, a radius of .0005 is effectively 0.0 in real world terms. It means an error tolerance of .001 ( inch or mm) in a
profile, so it has no real effect. Internally however, I just have to ensure low values are treated fairly for the sake of stability.
  Questions like this one go to stability in the end, and the theory of "If they CAN break it, they WILL" , which is somethign I have learned over the past
few years. It was my decision early on in LTurn to allow for this, and to profit from it by allowing it to be broken, shut off each avenue as I can, and then
I wont have to worry so much about support. In Mach3 I quite often use the axiom that "If it hurts to laugh,..dont laugh.." , but in LazyTurn I want people
to go ahead and break it if they like, if I can shut off that door, I will, and hopefully we'l have much less support questions from things that shouldnt be done, because internally
the program will correct whats wrong before you see it.

One of the reasons for example that more files now load, is that I change them as they come in , or just tell
you that they wont load. The program now "AutoTolerates" so that lines that dont join, automatically stitch
together as long as it doesnt create discontinuities in the math functions. This means the program will try a
 tolerance of .1 for example, and if it finds that this creates a conflict, it will jump back and set the toleance
to .01 and try again, then .001 etc.. until it either solves the problem, or rejects the file.

By the time LazyTurn is complete, I will be very well armed to tackle some of these type of issues in LazyCam
which suffers greatly from tolerance issues. These sort of notifications therefore go toward educating me on the issues,
and even if they sound kinda crazy at times, they actuall do have their place in the scheme of things.

:-)

Art

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 10, 2008, 06:25:30 PM »
miniature world of turning you will actually use a point tool and that tool will not look like any conventional tool.
Maybe a better way of saying it "you got the  gcode......the tool is up to you".

I think that this is a great point and should at least be considered.

If Art can do it without losing his mind (!), then great, but if it's going to kill things, I don't see it as a deal breaker either.

Thanks again for all you do, fellas.  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 10, 2008, 06:37:01 PM »
Would envison that there will be more problems with folks not being able to machine to
dimension because their machine system isn't capable than something generated from Lazyturn.

Three generic gcode test programs for the lathe should easliy put that in perspective, namely:
- One for X axis movement, one for Z axis movement, and one for a combination move.
Number of combination move loops would be equal to:
STOCK REMOVAL THICKNESS / SMALLEST CUT x 4  

This post off thread, but it just comes to mind.
RICH

Offline bowber

•  216 216
  • Kirkby Stephen,Cumbria, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 10, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »
A lot of users like to think their machine is more accurate than it actually is, but there are a few that do seem to have very accurate small machines.
I would think that as far as the software goes it shouldn't mind working with tight tolarances as it's based around maths so you should be able to work with very small numbers.

While I'll be very happy to have my mill machine to within 0.01mm one day I don't think it's asking a decent lathe too much to do that normally.

Steve
« Reply #454 on: December 10, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »
ART, RICH.....Thanks for the explanations.
I guess what prompted my question was reply 436 where Rich was seemingly requesting a tip rad. of .001 where Dec9.zip just prior allowed a setting of .0005   I just assumed that would be adequate and ART could move on to whatever would be next.

The more BULLET PROOF the better.

Thanks guys,
RC
« Reply #455 on: December 11, 2008, 02:12:28 PM »
Here is a strangeness.
The X pointers have no color, the Z ones do ....in the normal view.
Flip the display and the opposite is true.
Is this just mine ? Or do any of you see the same ?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 02:15:35 PM by Overloaded »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 11, 2008, 03:14:35 PM »
I have red brown and blue showing for the X and green and yellow showing for the Z.

When you flip the view, they're the same colors.

Dave

EDIT: you see my rulers on both sides as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #457 on: December 11, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »
Thanks Dave.  Mine used to be fine...like yours.
Must have worn it out ::)....or rubbed the paint off anyway. :D
See Ya,
RC  8)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 11, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
Hi, Art

Hears a dxf problem file, Loads fine on my other Cad software.

In LazyTurn it's not scaled correct.

Edit: This file will load in LazyCam Turn and post sii Pic's in next Post, Last 2 Pic's.

Art, Your statement: ( By the time LazyTurn is complete, I will be very well armed to tackle some of these type of issues in LazyCam
which suffers greatly from tolerance issues. These sort of notifications therefore go toward educating me on the issues,
and even if they sound kinda crazy at times, they actuall do have their place in the scheme of things.)

Your statement is so true, LazyCam Mill....Turn, Were getting very close, Just some final bug's for the most part, Turn may have had some additional technical issues.

But as a overview are very Nice !!

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:14:30 PM by Chip »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 11, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »
Hi, Art

This one is fine, Something to compare to.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 07:03:53 PM by Chip »