Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:35:42 AM

Author Topic: Cant seem to cut all material  (Read 18802 times)

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Cant seem to cut all material
« on: August 18, 2016, 08:02:21 AM »
I have come back to an old project but can't seem to remember how I fixed this issue in the past...I can't seem to get a clean final cut.  Really appreciate the help

The part in the front was supposed to be for a cut to be even with the part its attached to, this was for a final cut off to come in after (which I can program separately without lazycam)

Let me know if you need any other information

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
Re: Cant seem to cut all material
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 08:03:00 AM »
you will notice all the leftover material, it does not leave a clean looking final product

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 08:03:42 AM »
also not too worried that the part in the front never came into lazycam, will just program with mach

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 02:32:30 PM »
Post the Gcode file generated by Lazyturn.
RICH

Offline bbcnc

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »
here is the g-code

I also do not need the cut at z0...that would hit my live center..whats up with removing that, dfx wise?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 09:52:01 AM »
bbcnc,
See attached PDF.

Have fun,

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 09:05:46 AM »
I also do not need the cut at z0...that would hit my live center..whats up with removing that, dfx wise?

Have a play with the yellow and green Pentagon settings as you can set where the tool is or starts cutting.
The top / yellow pentagon sets where the pathing starts, say you set at +.1,then pathing starts at Z=.1, but it still will cut to the X=0.

The bottom / green pentagon sets where Z zero.
If you set the end of stock ( green pentagon) at Z=0 and the pathing start point (yellow pentagon) at Z=-.1 , then pathing will start at Z=-.1 and it will/ may not cut to Z=0.

Just need to see how the pathing was affected.

DXF ........
If you want to partialy machine the face due to using a live center in the tail stock there is no "setting" in LazyTurn. A way to do it would be to modify the profile such that you create a notch ( or another straight contour ) on the end such that the tool can only follow the profile to some depth away from X=0 but does not face the stock.

And note that you can cut left to right if the tool defined as center cutting.

Read the manual and play with the program to gain experience.

RICH