Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 09:59:44 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359702 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1450 on: November 08, 2010, 06:21:00 AM »
Hi Rich:

I will, but I have a few things to do with Gearotic before I do. I havent peeked at the code for some time, what do you think are the real requirements at this point to call a finish pass done. A lot depends on what I CAN do vs what is required at this point. I know the last time I used it it did provide me with enough code to do what I needed to do, though the finish pass was perhaps a bit too broken up. ( though it did do a proper finish..)

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 08, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »
Art,
I'll go back and see were we left off and then post a list with explaination on each.
There wasn't that much. Posting of the finish pass was not done.

BTW, Tried the Gearotic and must say it's one slick program.......nice piece of work.   :)

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 10, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
Art,
Spent some time reading over the manual and going back in the thread.

This is what is left and have added some options with comments which only you can decide:

G2 & C3  circular interpolation in posting of the finish pass code.

Options:
1. The arc coding can be an option which could be pursued at some other time.
    Higher end programs have it, but Lt is not meant to compete with them. Maybe it needs to be restricted such that
    any arc in the profile must pass thru two or three points such that it can be defined, and if not, then that particular arc
    is not done and a appropriate move is made to the next / real arc..........

2.You can leave the finish pass as is and consider it done

3.Just add the gcode for the profile ( the profile as shown by the black line when the dxf is first imported into LT)
   and have the profile posted at the end of the code. Of course that code would have arc programing  within some rules
   and would be strickly the profile ( not based on any tool ).
   It could be an import option and post imeadiately to a user defined file name. Lt then would be as it currently is / option 2.
   Whatever is easy for you.

I would like option 3.

RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 10, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »
Just to add, I would also love option 3 as well.  :)

Thanks as alwyas-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 10, 2010, 09:21:48 PM »
Hi Rich:

Im not sure the code will convert to arc well, I did try that last year, but it converted very little as very few motions actually represent a true arc..

I think option 3 woudl be OK, it should be easy for me to put out a no-tool Gcode of the actual profile, though Im still unsure how much use that is..

Ill post it for option 3..

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: November 10, 2010, 09:45:53 PM »
Art,
Sounds good, see what you can do with option #3.  ;)

BTW...Just my comment to all users FWIW. Personally i am just going to use the program and see what happens over time.
I figured that after a year, and very few posted problems with the finish pass, it must be rather stable. You may find some issues
with a tolerance under the .001" as has been stated before.

As far as the using the actual profile code .....well, good grief another appendix to the Manual ???
There will be another update on the manual in the future.  just need to clean one or two of the appendix's.

That said, should see an article in a future printing of Digital Magazine on LazyTurn.

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 10, 2010, 10:36:09 PM »
Rich:

Excellent. You know, your just as much to blame for LazyTurn existing as I am.. Ill send you 1/2 of its revenues in perpetuiity..

:)

Art

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 11, 2010, 05:09:30 AM »
Rich:

Excellent. You know, your just as much to blame for LazyTurn existing as I am.. Ill send you 1/2 of its revenues in perpetuiity..

:)

Art

Agreed, Rich has done so much for this program and I'm very appreciative of you both for the work you've done.

Thank you-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 03, 2010, 07:37:17 PM »
Hi Art,
A graphics display and tool problem in Lazyturn.
See attached file for explaination.

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 03, 2010, 08:17:09 PM »
Hi Rich:

Hmm, interesting. I suspect its the rather bad handling Im doing of the OpenGL screen. But Im only just learning that as I do Gearotic Motion. My knowledge of the OpenGL intricacies is getting better daily, so soon, when I spend a week on LTurn, Ill fix that up and make things to proper relationships.

Im pretty sure we'll find its the result of my scaling code or something. Good thing the Gcode uses the actual numbers rather than the display..

Art