Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:18:40 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362203 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #950 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »
Hi Guys:

Havent fixed the arrow functions yet, but heres an interim April fools day release of the current code.
The simulation simulates any selected toolpath on the tree, and allows for the Feedrate to be modified to see its effect.
Pressing SET on the simulator will set a new feedrate and/or spindle speed if entered. If you have varyed the feedrate
for the simulation, and press set, the new feedrate will be entered in that toolpath. The rdering of the path has been modified but
still needs work as the secndary paths can do a bit of air time, but they are better clustered than before.

The undercut issue still needs more investigation, its not so much an error as a matter of how the additional material left/cutting
algorith does its job to ensire as little is cut as possible, ironically this makes it cut more in the case of overcuts.. but its all a function of the
math that is used to try to make the path as optimal as possible, I havent seen any real issues with gouging the stock so thats an upside.

Still no post output of secondary paths, I hope to do that shortly now that the clustering is better than before.

Have fun..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 01, 2009, 03:06:42 PM »
Hi, Art

This is what I get with a Cutoff Type Tool, The Sim is working nice.

Thanks, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 02, 2009, 06:54:26 PM »
Hi, Art

In my previous post, Is the Rough pass not subtracting the Stock Clearance value causing the Lt hand over run. ?

Also could it be the data is being read by Finish/Rough pass is in reverse order somehow and needs to be flipped. ?

Thanks for adjusting the split view function, It's a nice feature just slow with bigger files.

Chip

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 02, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »
Chip:

I take it both passes used different clearances? Or where they identical?

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 03, 2009, 01:27:11 AM »
Hi, Art

Yes, Different clearances used, See Pic's.

Edit: Also in this ver the multi-Finish/Rough pass is not working now as described on page 92 post 916, It was mostly working in last version, last pic.

But all in all it's Looking Good,  Very Good  :D

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 03:05:51 AM by Chip »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 03, 2009, 09:23:45 AM »
Hi Chip:

When you say "Not working as described.. " how so?

Thx
Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 03, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »
Chip,
Guessing  your about to say, that after you have reached a rough with no more stock to be removed,
and if you do another after the second one, no stock or volume should be removed????
You should get a message saying that no more material needs to be removed and that it's ready
for a finish cut.

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 03, 2009, 10:02:50 AM »
Hi:

Yup, if as Rich described thats the problem its just due to me gettig ready for a finish pass algorithm, though Im still considering exactly how to do that best.
The rest of the discussions seem to be more about HOW material is removed on the secondary ro further passes. Allot of it has to do with the way the remaining
stock is calculated. The first pass is allowed to remove as much as it can, after that, the passes incrementally remove from a database of material left over, so the rules
are completely different in terms of what gets removed, so overhangs and underhangs may work differently from the first passes methods.

Im still playing and thinking about hwo to best do a final pass, its allot more complicated than the rest of what Im doing. Just how to do a finish pass that is safe no
matter what the user has done previously is the holdup. The material left databasedoes help with letting me know the limitations of what to removed, but Im still
a bit flumoxxed in terms of how to do it all safely and most efficiently. A bit more thought needs to be done on my end.

Im pretty happy so far though, I think a bit more tinkering with leftover limits will make the toolpatsh better, though I thnk there pretty close now in terms
of allowing multiple tools to do their job. We've come a long way this winter, and as spring starts to set in, I d liek to get at least a rudimentary finish pass going before
the summer sets in , I wont stop during the summer, but as you all know I slow drastically as things pop up to do in my personal life more and more in the summer.

Youve all be great in testing and its really a testament to you that we've come this far. Id be interested in any experiences actually cutting any of these toolpaths,
what you had to modify and what looks like failure vs success. I suspect if I add a finish pass and let you post all the paths, that it will be time to remove Turning from
LazyCam and call the profiling in it replaced by LazyTurn, which seems much safer and easier to use than LazyCam's turn section at any rate.

Thx
Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 03, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »
Art,
Regarding how it has come overall is an understatement. Didn't really realize it untli  I started re-working the manual and then it dawned on me that's it was a re-write. A lot of problems have gone a way, improved graphics, etc.. It was interesting to see that you could slow down
the simlulation and then if you wish stop it and just zoom in and and actually see whats left, measure it  / whatever. I was thinking of tryng it out and then taking a magnified picture of the part and compare just for kicks. 
Thanks for the efforts!

I was going to do some actual cutting with code from LazyTurn but the finish pass stiffled that.
Don't think you should get that hung up on the finish pass. i say that since, i would probably do
two finish passess anyway based on what was left. Maybe even three depending on the part. The second finish cut would remove  1 to five thousands. I would let the first one just get rid of the nooks and crannies.  I haven't gone in on a whole bunch of different files to see what what kinds of "nooks and crannies" for the finish pass are left from the rough finish passes.

For example, using a round tipped tool, i would deliberately change the depth to 1/2 the  preceding depth. This way the big bumps left by a round tool should be much more even.
Or possibly change to a different type tool to get rid of them.

Then it's a matter of using whatever number of profile / finish passes to get to where i want to be.

So yes if you gave the single profile, and could post, would start actualy doing some cutting.

Face it, it's more fun than zooming in looking over a whole bunch of files.  ;)

RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 03, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »
Hi, Art

Pic 1, Overrun on LH side, Is it caused by Stock Clearance value not being subtracted from "Z" cut value properly. ?

Pic 2, LH Under Cut,  Stock Clearance should be around 1.5 on Scale/ruler in next post pic 1  ?

Pic 3, Looks Good except for issue caused by Stock Clearance in Pic2 ?

Dennis has cut some profile cut's with out much issue.

Hears the dxf I'm using, Maybe I'm Confused.

Edit: See my next post, page 97, Reply 960 and LH Under Cut issue.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:16:06 PM by Chip »