Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:55:39 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359642 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #410 on: December 08, 2008, 12:58:18 AM »
Thanks Chip

Looks very good, this is a file i can use.
Would you send me a screenshot of the toolparameterpage?

Greetings:
Willem
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:57:06 AM by Chip »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 08, 2008, 01:07:04 AM »
Hi, Willem

I don't do much MM cutting, Hope the spacing is OK, If you have any questions, Iet me know.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 11:57:40 AM by Chip »
« Reply #412 on: December 08, 2008, 07:02:30 AM »
Hi All

I have made one dxf file as attached to make inner side radius of 100mm in disk. when i opened in LT and generate toolpath it did not correctly but it created as shown in photo. Also i have tried to creat file in LCam then also it is not creating. i have drawn different types of files to creat inner radius or 100mm but fails. please help me what i have done is wrong? Also when i am closing LT it is showing an error as shown in Post390.

thanks

sanlee

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 08, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »
Hi:

The shutdown error is an indication a toolpath was stopped in generation at some point or that a step was skipped due to sensing a bad profile.
This profile woudl be problematic as it faces the wrong way for LazyTurn or the tool wont fit properly in that narrow arc. Future versions may handle it p[roperly , but really its a facing job that facing backwards, and neither LCam nor LTurn will properly do facing.

Art
« Reply #414 on: December 08, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
Hi Chip

My lathe is not ready yet so i cant make a hardcopy but if i load the tap file(s) in Mach3 i get wrong circles (see screenshot).
I already changed from absolute IJ mode to inc IJ mode but that makes no diverend.
I also put Mach3 in YZ plane mode but also not divergence.

Greetings:
Willem

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 08, 2008, 12:45:48 PM »
Hi, Willem

Set Turn Options to this in ports and Pins.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #416 on: December 08, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
Hi,
Rich, Chip, I'm not ignoring you guy's. I'm tring to retrace my steps to get a dxf to post,into LCTurn. I took your advice,and am having TODO's reporting everytime I put the file in LCTurn. Still working on WHY! I did'nt have this trouble yesterdayAM,and something is Happening Now. I'll be back Later....   Thanks,   Hank S.

PS> got the tool to save,and the style etc.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 08, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
Hi:

If you get a "todo" , please post the dxf that does it, Ill fix up the error and let you know why it occured..

Thx
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 08, 2008, 03:51:14 PM »
Hi Guys:

New version for you with more issues fixed..

Art
« Reply #419 on: December 08, 2008, 04:07:05 PM »
Art,Chip,& Rich,
Ok,I Think, I finally got it,WHEW! TODO's Gone. What seems to be the problem,in STDCAD,My drawing software, if you draw a part,and go to a different shape,such as line to circle,to arc,they won't SNAP, together,unless you command to do so. I've been fighting this,and not sure why is was not doing it Right on other DWG's. Evidently, there is a space(as mentioned) in between the intersecting lines,TOO SMALL to see,but are there without the SnapTo. A-HAH, Now I think I've got it.  One other problem, is Depth per pass won't stay set,in LCTurn, keeps going to 0.040 when changed to 0.100, 0.040 makes a solid block in the toolpath, have to zoom way out to see,and takes awhile to load. Is this my-fault or just playing around to get some other setting's to work. Tools definition's are good and stay as set. now on to how to get LCTurn dwg,,in LC to create gcode, to cut the part, in pass's created. I Think I'm On A Roll!...Maybe Not Yet.   Thanks Guy's...  Hank S.