Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:14:50 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359551 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #890 on: February 25, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »
Hi, Art

Tool settings and profiles, Just couldn't resist looking beyond the limit's a Little, Wow !!!

Look's like the tool Shape profile is working nicely.

Chip

Chip, how did you get the tool to angle?  I tried changing the angle setting in the tool profile but it stays the same.  What I am trying to do is exactly what you show in your three pictures.

Vince

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 25, 2009, 11:50:35 AM »
Vince:

Only a rigth or left facing tool can be angled. The definition of angled in LazyTurn is that the tool is Right or LEft angled, so just select it to be Left and then set an angle.

Art

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 25, 2009, 12:07:49 PM »
OK, I got the tool to angle, but I can't get it to come out like Chip's.  See the attached picture and DXF.  What am I doing wrong?

Vince

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 25, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »
Hi, Vince

You need to draw it something like the att. dxf, I was just fooling around some to check limit's and the way tool settings respond.

There are no final pass code generated and it dosent generate the proper transitional Red line as it should at some point.

You'll need to be very care-full with tool holder position also, You may be able to get final pass with LazyCam Turn.

But it's All Experimental Work at this point.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 02:48:32 PM by Chip »
« Reply #894 on: February 25, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »
Hello Guys,
  I find the same as Chip. The hub needs to extend beyond the face of the tire.
Also, the pullout needs to be set to 0, or very small amount to prevent a wreck at the point shown.

Goin' to Lakeland thi year Chip ?  How bout you Vince ?

Thanks,
RC

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 25, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
Hello Guys,
  I find the same as Chip. The hub needs to extend beyond the face of the tire.
Also, the pullout needs to be set to 0, or very small amount to prevent a wreck at the point shown.

Goin' to Lakeland thi year Chip ?  How bout you Vince ?

Thanks,
RC

Thanks for the info.  No Lakeland for me this year.  I am mostly unemployed at the moment (which is why I can post in the middle of the day).  I went a few years ago when they had Glacier Girl on display. 

Vince

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 25, 2009, 04:14:36 PM »
Hi Guys:

Its all because your trying to face operation, and you cannot really face as yet. When profileing is done, Ill look at rotating the object and profiling the face, but till then,
LazyTurn is a profiler only. :) ( Cheating aside. :) )

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 25, 2009, 05:15:04 PM »
Hi, Art

I thought it was "Expanding the Envelope", But Cheating will Work Also, The Button Tool seems/may work very good for Cheating.

Edit: I understand, G-code will need to cut backwards/reverse order, It's just nice to see the tools and such working so good.

Thanks, Chip

Hi,  RC, Vince

Lakeland, 2 Hr's south for me, Maybe a couple of day trip's, If I can get away.

For Drawing accuracy, I use .0001 Line above Y Zero line and set the profile  back at least 1 cutter width from X Zero vertical line.

Seem to get a good Profile for now.

Thanks, Chip :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:20:51 PM by Chip »
« Reply #898 on: February 27, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »
Hi All,
Been working on a toolholder that will use the same tool for the same job,and it has been a challenge to get the offsets to work right,and am still tring sample cuts to get it right,or changing the design to make it work; Who knows,it maybe all done in Vain,but Worth the time I have So Far. Take a Look and see what you think,Rotating the holder or the Insert is tricky,as it does not always come up at the same spot,but is close.... works with facing, and back cutting, BUT,still needs more Work. Thanks Art, It keeps on getting Better and Better Everytime...  Thanks,   Hank S.

Offline Ben

•  79 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 27, 2009, 11:40:03 PM »
Nice job. I've enjoyed playing with it and watching it develop. Just a thought but it seems to me it would be advantageous to have the shadow image, the one after the rough cut, made available as a DXF file. You could use it to make another pass, after tool change, the other direction. Or until this one does finish passes put it into Lazy Cam. Ben