Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:39:40 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359654 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #750 on: January 06, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »
Hi
 post modification variables like indeed rates and such can be added later.

Art
« Reply #751 on: January 07, 2009, 02:04:39 AM »
Hi Rich

With the parameters i mean first Of course the geometries of the tool but also what 2:cutdirection, 3:feedrate in what direction (when more directions are possible) and how much it can cut in what direction (for example if I use A groovetool 3mm it will cut 3mm in X direction but maybe it can cut at the most 0,5mm in Z direction).
Of course there can be more but to keep it Lazy I think not all parameters will be necessarily (like what material the tip is made of, for what material it is to be used, positive/negative angle, etc.)
We have to think of course A bit ourself but the first three I think are important to keep my tools and project from crashing.
Sorry if I sound demanding, I don't mean to, see it only as suggestions.

Greetings:
Willem

Thanks Art

Greetings:
Willem

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42:17 AM »
Willem,
Now i understand.Depending on what operation chosen ( when implemented ) differences would be needed in depth of cut and feed rate. The tool parameters already have that built in and maybe for each operation you may be required to define a different tool before generation of an operation.
At some point, it still come's down to the user needing to put reasonable values and apply some common sense for any task.
This eludes me to a part of the manual "Practical Machining Operations" which I put in the manual.
I don't know what ART has planned and to what degree the program will address related input decisions.

RICH

« Reply #753 on: January 07, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »
hello to all
please why I can not find the manual. When I follow the link to the lazyturn manual, I get only this
message  "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you"
I am a registred user.
Three days before yesterday It was possible for me, to see the manual.pdf. but I forgot to save it, therefor
I need it new.
Thaks for your all help
Claudio
« Reply #754 on: January 07, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
Hi Rich

You wrote it exactly how I mean it.
If, how, when and how extensive is of course up to Art.

Greetings:
Willem
« Reply #755 on: January 09, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »
Hi Guy's,
Got a question,and don't know where to post it,but it contains a time simulator,that Mach Mill uses, to get an idea on how long the job is to run, for LT and Mach Lathe. I think it would be a good idea,but then again, I just was using Mach Lathe to do a sample cut,and waited,and waited, and then shut down the operation cause I had to do some other things. Did'nt think it would be that long. I try to time things in between other things, to get done,and it's a somewhat pain to plan ahead. Just thought i would mention it,if it was'nt too much a hastle to put ,either in Mach Lathe ,or LT, since it ends up in Mach lathe to do the part anyway. Anybody's Thoughts....  Thanks for Listening.     Thanks,    Hank S.       LT; This Is Great Stuff!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 09, 2009, 08:31:27 PM »
Hank,
In Mach Mill there is an estimated run time for a given program. I have been using the standard screen for Mach
Turn and it dosn't have a run time in it, not to say that the screen couldn't be customized to add it. And sometime in the future they will probably improve the screen.  A few new lathe screens have been posted but not sure on their exact content.

It would be a nice feature to see the run time based on user defined pathing and then maybe you would adjust
pass depth to minimize or know how "approx" how long it will take to do.

It's up to ART.

RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 09, 2009, 09:15:14 PM »
Hi, Hank

This Is something that can be edited in to Lathe screen set with screen4 editor.

Chip

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 10, 2009, 12:22:31 AM »
Hi Guys:

Ill keep simulation time in mind, shouldnt be too hard to arrange since I know the feedrates and how many lines..

Still working on stock profiling of the cut to the tool.. :)

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 10, 2009, 12:35:33 AM »
Hi, Art

Thanks for the Info. update.

Chip