Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:32:42 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359588 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1430 on: July 23, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »
Hi Dennis,
If the code is correct and the lathe system is good then the part should be to dimension.
Could be in the initial tool touch off to the part or in the lathe repeatbility.
When you widdle the part down there could be a lot of X axis movements and  could end up being over or under
due to steps per unit, repeatability, backlash, etc.

Don't know what more to say....
RICH
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 05:01:16 PM by RICH »
« Reply #1431 on: July 24, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »
Hi Rich
Machine is tight and when i do a midi move the move is right on the money also if i use a different program the dimensions are fine so now what?

Dennis
« Reply #1432 on: July 24, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »
Rich
one thing i keep forgetting is the version of Mach i am using i have upgraded to the latest version and found the code when viewed on screen to be all whacked out with arc's being displayed as circles and figure 8's when i went back to the older version R3.042.029 and all is right in the turning world I just checked out the code i have been talking about actual diameter is 25 MM and what i get running the file through LT roughing is 37 MM this is a diff of 12 MM that's a lot.

Dennis

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 24, 2010, 02:05:05 PM »
Sounds like the IJ setting in config/general or the "reverse arcs in Turn" is selected.

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 24, 2010, 03:46:33 PM »
Dennis,
Arts reply takes care of the crop circles.
Make sure you draw in radius, LT in radius, and Mach Turn in radius!
or Dia...dia...diameter
Trust me, from personal experience ....not good to mix them up  ;)
( Yes 12mm / almost a 1/2" is a lot)

To quickly test LT's code I just do a simple stepped  shaft reduction and a ball on the end of a shaft and all seems to
be on ( note that for a ball you will get flats since no arc coding is provided yet).

RICH
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:48:58 PM by RICH »
« Reply #1435 on: July 25, 2010, 01:35:27 PM »
Art & Rich
Thanks for the response i do appreciate it i use Rhino for designs i draw a 2D shape save it as a DXF then import that into LT i do not draw the file as a 3D billet but a line type drawing to the height and length LT accepts the file from what i can tell correctly but the G-code output is off dose LT round to the nearest whole number also i use MM and i do draw the files in Radius half the Diam am I doing anything incorrectly at this point? should i upgrade to the latest version and then look to the item you have described above?

Thanks
Dennis

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 25, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »
Dennis,
If i remember correctly  i did a simple drawing and compared posted  MM and imperial code and all was ok in the code.
I'll do that again.
I think you use Skype as that would be an easy way to see what's happening. My address is in my profile, so send me a Skype message so i can accept and then we can go from there.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 25, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »
Dennis,
Glad you posted as it forced me to take a look at the manual and see what was in there for metric.
Additionaly i needed to refresh the memory some, and quess what........
I need to clarify / highlight some things. So rather than doing a lot of testing i will just post some generic questions for ART first.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 25, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »
ART,
Just some not so obvious questions or comments which you may want to comment on.

1.LT will not convert units on import?
  It cares not if a unit of 1 is MM or inches from the DXF and thus selecting the MM in options dosn't affect the displayed profile dim's.
  The drawing should be done radius or  diameter and be in agreement with your Mach Turn configuration. ( lets not get into the scaling of things
  in Mach as that will just confuse) Draw in a system and keep that same system through the whole process.

2.In tools you need to check the box that the defined tool is metric.
   Don't just copy an Imperial  defined  tool , check that's it is metric, since LT will not do the conversions for the newly created tool.
   You can use metric or imperial defined tools.

3. The tool used defines the generated gcode units.
     If an Imperial  unit drawing is used and metric tool used then the gcode units will be MM. Note that the units are posted as a comment
        "       MM                            "                 Imperial      "                                  inches.

SEE reply #1441 ( Modified this reply on 7/27/2010 )

User should  use consistant units for the drawing and tools?

Can you think of some other's or highlight any built in restraints / errors?

I didn't spend a lot of time trying to break LT when mixing units and don't remember much in the way of any user comments.

RICH
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:45:14 AM by RICH »

Offline LTP

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 25, 2010, 09:10:39 PM »
Hi,
I seem to be having a similar problem where i can not load lazy turn. Every time i try to open the LazyTurn file it get the error unable to find SGcore.dll. I have tryed to find the update file at http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php but it seems like it has been pulled down. Any ideas?

Thanks
Lachie G