Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:40:04 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359671 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #610 on: December 29, 2008, 11:16:09 PM »
Rich:

Loaded tap file, ,doesnt look bad to me.. what do you find wrong with it?

>>Tried LT on three more computers:
>>FPC#1- 3 GHZ / 1G RAM - CUSTOM- XP PRO SP2 -----------NO PROBLEMS

Good..

>>FPC#2- 900 MHZ / 256 RAM - LAPTOP- XP PRO SP2 -------WON'T RUN ANY VERSION AFTER DEC 17

Dunno why.. When does it error out, last version seemed to fix up the openGL failures on other machines..

>>FPC#3- 3.6 GHZ / 1.5G RAM - EMACHINE -XP PRO SP2 ----X POINTER COLORS ARE LOST

Thats a weird one.. video hardware accel maybe? Seems an openGL implementation issue, cant repeat it here at all, and cant think of
how to check it any. I basically tell it a colour, and it shoudl be correct.. all kinda Windows magic from there..

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 29, 2008, 11:28:09 PM »
Art,
As far as the different PC testing, i don't have the fogiest on the windows end why and i have looked,
but will continue trying other pc's. The point of doing this is it identify if some pc's won't work with LazyTurn. And i do think it's a windows thing but i will darned if i can find it. Accel settinig didn't change anything on those pc's. Plenty of neighbors  with pc's.

As far as the rough cuts, it's very ragged as compared to code posted by prior versioins and run in Mach before. That's what is shown in the screen capture.
Rich

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 30, 2008, 12:08:35 AM »
Hi, Aclausing

I think the biggest problem your having with your dxf is that you need to draw it in a upper 1/2 a profile view, In the upper left quadrant area of your cad view,  Above Y0 line and to the left side of X0 Line.

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 30, 2008, 12:37:38 AM »
Hi, Rich

The ragged view you last bottom post is just a "view" display issue in Mach3, You probably have the F speed set very high or in over-ride.

I see this quite often, It mostly shows up mid way in a lot of single axis g-code moves and isn't in the actual step or dir Output's.

Slow the F speeds down with Over-Ride and let me now.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:52:17 AM by Chip »
« Reply #614 on: December 30, 2008, 12:44:41 AM »
Hi Art, Ive been watching this topic with interest for a while now. I have a home made cnc lathe which Ive never been able to fully use becuase of lack of g-code producing programs, ive simply been writing mu own g-code. Closest and best program  Ive seen is visual turn by mecsoft but at 1250usd Ive held of.

My question is as I have just downloaded your latest version, is can you draw up dxf's in an external program and import them in, Ive tried and there not working for me. If you can are there options you must include into the file. No disrespect as I know youve done a lot of work and pretty impressive software mach3 but lazycam just doesnt do it for me """confusing as""""

Any chance of posting up a basic tutorial for us hanger ons to get the most out of the lazyturn program

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:46:12 AM by Simso »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 30, 2008, 12:57:13 AM »
Hi, Simso

Post one of your dxf's will look at it, Read through some of the post's and download some of the dxf's hear and load them in your cad program's.

If you post one of your dxf we can look at it to see the ACAD ver # ver 12,14, acad1009, acad1014 in the top of the dxt file as viewed with a txt editor like "note "pad usually work fine.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:08:33 AM by Chip »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 30, 2008, 09:14:41 AM »
Rich:

As Chip says, the ragged green line is only indicative of too fast a feedrate on a small object, Mach3 then cant keep up the display smoothly.
Thats not an issue with LTurn really..

Art
« Reply #617 on: December 30, 2008, 09:24:08 AM »
Chip,
Thanks for your Reply,I'm not Ignoring you, just have other things to do. Now back to the dxf. I set said,to what you suggested,and now it cuts off the nose (see dxf) and CAD inclosed. How close can I get to have the nose be completed,and what do I have to do. Move the crosshairs to a different location,or go with a different grid pattern. Should I lower the grid to read 0.001,or 0.000, and if I can,( I tried this before,and had neg. - values in LT todo the ouput) How else can this be done. Working with,and changing settings till it works,or changing my CAD program to something else. Your thoughts Please! I'll be back later..... Thanks,  Hank S.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 30, 2008, 09:54:44 AM »
Simso,
Brouse thru this topic and you will find a quick and dirty Lazyturn tutorial.
It covers basics but be aware that developement is progressing daily such that what was written
then may have changed some.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,9877.0.html

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 30, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »
Simso:

You have to be carefull to not go below zero is all. Send me the one that fails if you feel it IS zero at the tip. Ill see whats up.

Art