Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:45:20 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359561 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2008, 09:59:08 AM »
Rich:

The ability to "widdle" out an area is somehting Im looking into as well. Im still unsure as to the mechanics of it as yet.
Turn is AMAZINGLY complex to implement.. never looks that way going in... :)

Art

« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »
hello Art
the part shown by Mich could be made easyer and faster with a plunge cut
Marcel Beaudry

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2008, 11:32:37 AM »
Chip,
I just adjust rough depth cut to minimize the code then add one zero clear finishinig cut and the profile code is  at the end of the generated Gcode. Not that much trouble to do out of Lazycam Turn and you will be able to do the
same once finishing cuts are generated by Lazyturn. Good post.

Art,
I'm sure you can imagine a lot of requests. Some may be easily implemented or to implement what seems simple
requires a lot of effort. I certainly don't want you wasting your time when a work around is available. A sanitized Gcode for just the profile falls into that category and is trivial. Even widdling down something, as really you could always just import a part of the profile for something.
If you spend time on every suggestion you'll never get the basics done or Lazyturn will turn into something
complex.
RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 30, 2008, 11:42:10 AM »
Hi, Rich

It's not bad at all to do, Hears your test shape and G-code txt file.

Putting a lead-in in the dxf in some form could reduce the need for any transition G-code, It's to early to tell till things stabilize some.

The second pic shows some attention needed, But It's really nice for now.

I used a .1  (.050) step generated and a .025 offset in rough to allow material to be removed for final pass.  

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:46:48 PM by Chip »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 30, 2008, 01:04:03 PM »
Chip,
Certainly agree.
I would think that if you have a basic turning program, and if it didn't do something, that a work around could be done for most anything. The work around, if known before using Lazyturn, would still make using LazyTurn the solid base to come from and easy to do the task. Stay with me as i ramble ........

Now what does that high end program do or how does it handle those tasks?
Now what little something would help to make a work around easy? Is it realy worth having in the program?
Is a comment line in the generated code that the finishinig profile is starting worth the effort?
I don't know the answers to those questions.

Would think that there are are not that many though.

So maybe something worth doing is for us to think in the work around mode as we relate to or use some other program and see if we can come up with something worthy of effort. Also post the suggested work around.  
RICH

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2008, 09:14:10 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread forever,  and every few days I try to install this beta for myself and get the
message---" this application has failed to start because Lvkrn15u.dll was not found reinstall may fix this application"---

Please guide me to the thread that explains how to re install this. I can't find it.  :-[

I  am a licensed user of  mach3 on my lathe, and am very anxious to catch up with the rest of you testers!
Looks like fun!   

Thanks ,

Glenn
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 30, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »
Glen:

You need to install the "LazyCam Update" from the websites downloads page before attempting to install any of the exe files posted here.

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 30, 2008, 09:35:22 PM »
First install the latest version of lazycam, here is the link from page 20 of this thread.
http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/LazyCam3.00.2_Update.exe

Then unzip Art's  latest posting of the turn file which is      LazyTurnNov28  and copy that file into
MACH which which should replace the existiing file that is there.
rICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 30, 2008, 11:02:57 PM »
Hi, Art & All

Having quite a few issues with latest LazyTurn, With openGL's with many dxf's that loaded fine before.

Any one else having display issues like this with Mach3R3.043.020 latest ver, First 2 pic's are latest ver, 3'rd is Mach3R3.041.

Pic's are LazyTurn/LazyCam Turn combo Post's I been tinkering with rough and finish code.

Hears a G-code.tap file of Graham's King Chess Piece with Arc's, It's use is where I noticed the Issue.

Chip
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:23:49 PM by Chip »
« Reply #339 on: December 01, 2008, 03:03:54 AM »
Hi Chip

I have downloaded your file "Copy_3_of_LAZYTURN_TEMP_BLANK.tap" into mach turn vizard but it seems like show below figure. can anybody tell why it is like this? I have licenced Mach3 version R3.02.

Thanks
sanlee