Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:43:44 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359655 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2008, 09:55:28 PM »
Art
Am i missing something I downloaded the file you gave as a link and it put lazy cam on my computer I see no reference to Lazy Turn within it.
Jim

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2008, 11:13:52 PM »
Hi, Jim

Do a search in Windows Explorer for LaxyTurn, See Pic.

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2008, 11:59:48 AM »
Hi All,
A few comments after doing some additional tests.
- suggest restarting  your computer post installation of the update

I was getting a lot of openGL errors on "small parts" but as the parts were increased in size the errors went away.
I still can't get the full part to import. Seems like it's clipping it off were a curve meets a line. The points in CAD
are the same to "four places" in the cads tolerence info and the files work in other programs ( will check them out to 6 places and post the enlarged file later ). BTW usiing inches and radius.
 Had to fool with the button tool and cuts, equivilant to what happens in lazycam to get rough cuts , but, will forget about that as i believe this is just about testing for DXG import capability.

Will try to do some more testing in a more disciplined way.

MODIFIED: Added attached DXF file for the three balls. Note that this files is an  Ver 12 dxf and all points connect within 6 decimal places.

RICH
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 01:51:43 PM by RICH »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2008, 07:55:06 PM »
Hi, Art

While I've had a few Open-GL errors, L-Turn hasn't crashed and seems Robust.

Hear are 2 Pic's & 2 DXF's that Arc.'s are missed on rough tool path, There for a Axial Compressor Inlet In/Ex-Ducser profile.

Thanks, Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
Hope you don't mind Chip, but wanted to see if it was my computer or something stupid i was doing.
I shrunk your file down( about four different sizes) and flipped it and could generate any cuts i wanted. Here is just one example.
RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
Hi, RICH

The More the Better, Hears a pic in Mach and Txt post done in BobCad v21 of what should be cutting, It's a inside cut starting at X0 Z0 moving Z- X+ outwards with a pre-drilled center hole in the stock.

So the top pic in my previous post is pretty close except for the arc missing.

Thanks, Chip

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2008, 10:23:39 PM »
Thx guys..

I have the dxf's. Ill let you know what I find. Ive been using those chess pieces as test object s for the most part. Any failures will help me find if my logic is flawed, or if I need to modify some of the import functions..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2008, 12:05:11 AM »
Hi, Art

That chess King posted so nice, There are allot of shapes to deal with, BC looks like this, Got any BC Powder's.

Thanks, Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2008, 11:36:48 AM »
Art,
Some more tests relative to Lazyturn not showing complete profile on import.
I am attaching files 1B, 2, 3. I figured it may be a drawing problem but shouldn't be.

A few comments about what is shown in the creen captures from lazyturn:

A drawing was created in Autocad and 1 was rejected because of the dot in the drawing
as shown in DOT IN 2. With the dot removed only got a partial import as shown in 1B.
Modifying the drawing by adding another taper as shown in 2 worked and then removing
removing the taper and going back to a face as in 3 it also worked.

Note that in 1C & 1D i changed the direction of how the line was drawn but still was a no go but did seem to
add to the import.

RICH   

« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
Hi guys

I had one time a toolpath, now every time when i try to make a toolpath the program shuts down with an errorreport to microsoft(error in TODO)
This error occurs in every dxf i load
I was running Lazyturn on a laptop so maybe that is the problem.
If i give the tool an other shape (triangle) then it works (not yet good but...)
P.S.
If i load the rich Threeballs.dxf from answer 198 i see only 2 balls (it is not complete)

Greetings:
Willem