Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:19:15 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359517 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1140 on: October 03, 2009, 12:51:33 PM »
Art
That would be great it's been kinda pain to do a rouging pass and then play with a finish pass to final dimension can eat a lot of material if not careful thanks hope you get back to it soon.

Dennis
« Reply #1141 on: October 22, 2009, 09:59:47 PM »
I'm really confused about something I am loading my part up and everything looks good but when I post the code its moving the x the whole diameter of the part.

X 0 appears to be on center of the part in lazyturn.
part is 1" round appears as .5 off center in LazyTurn but when I post code its giving me G1 X1.04... Its moving off center by the whole diameter of the part? Should it not move .504?
I read the docs and I think I have the latest version says Alpha 1.1 tho this correct?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 22, 2009, 11:07:23 PM »
Make sure you create your drawing in diameter, use LT in diameter, and have Mach3 Turn configured for Diameter.
 ( or radius, but be consistent ) Just quessing but that may be your problem.
RICH
« Reply #1143 on: October 23, 2009, 12:19:23 AM »
Thanks Rich, that seems to have fixed it :)
« Reply #1144 on: November 08, 2009, 01:34:19 AM »
With the latest version of LazyTurn, I can't make the outside diameter the right size. It seems to be getting a default size for the O.D. that I can make larger but not smaller. I redrew the dxf with a smaller O.D. to compensate but it is still at the same position in LazyTurn. The O.D. of the job is 89.1 but LazyTurn won't let me resize it to less than 260.8304.
Glen.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"
« Reply #1145 on: November 08, 2009, 03:21:00 AM »
I managed to resize the O.D. by moving the origin of the dxf. The original drawing was a pasted sketch in solidworks and saved as a dxf, but I couldn't define the origin. I assumed LazyTurn would use the vertical line at the end of the drawing as the radius length. I repositioned the origin using Bobcad and then it worked.
I had a few parts left over - still it's always the same when you try a bit of "do it yourself"
« Reply #1146 on: November 22, 2009, 11:34:57 AM »
I'm using LT to do a real job, in wood, turning out pincushion bases from red oak for my wife's company.  Everything is working well enough.  The thing I'm wishing for, most of all, is a feed rate for X that is different than Z. 

Here's why:  when the tool is moved (X direction) into the stock to begin the next (Z direction) cut, it plunges into the material and initially has to cut a lot of material all at once.  After it starts traveling in the Z direction it's only cutting from half of the cutter tip and I've chosen a feed rate that's appropriate for this.  But every time it plunges in for another cut it cuts from both sides of the tip simultaneously, removing too much material too fast.  If I slow the feed rate to match this X cut, I waste too much time on the Z cuts.   I need different, independently set feed rates for cuts in the X and Z directions.

Is there some other way to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Dave

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 22, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »
Dave:

Thanks for the problem. Im currently working on this Winters additions to LTurn, Ill add a dual feedrate capability. Good point!

Art
« Reply #1148 on: November 27, 2009, 12:09:59 PM »
Rich,
Let me try this again.
Re: LazyTurn re: post 1148
« Reply #1149 on: November 27, 2009, 01:31:03 PM »
Hi All,
I'm having all sorts of problems tring to load the .dxf file into LC, It is just not going to let me do this for some reason. I load all sorts of other .dxf files in the past and have done all configurations of the file I know of to work before ,but now for some reason ,it is just a bust.It is either no appropate file or lines intersecting or no Y axis ,and a few others . This out of the many # of LC files I have made; this one is a pain in itself. Got to ask for some help on this one. Never had problems before..... Why Now.  Thanks for Looking..
Refer to the .dxf in post 1148. 'Rich,are you out there'    Thanks,      Hank S.