Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:15:57 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359583 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #320 on: November 27, 2008, 02:14:36 PM »
RC:

You mean the arrow is off, or it generates error? I tried it here and it seemed to work OK..

Art
« Reply #321 on: November 27, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
Hi ART,
The flange is drawn as 3" diameter but the scale on LT shows it differently.  3.4500"
Just the arrow is off, no error.
Thanks,
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 28, 2008, 01:26:33 PM »
Hi Guys:

New version that fixes the profile outside dimensions and the cancel toolpath, the ESC key is now the cancelling agent when doing a toolpath, press esc to exit the path generation.

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 28, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
Hi, Art

This profile still seems to have issues, (8 Test.DXF below)

The post save feature 3 ver back would save without temp file needing to be used. ?

Looks like you may have sorted out the inch small values issue, What did you find. ?

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #324 on: November 28, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »
Heya, Art,
Is there any way to keep all the zip files in one updated file for D/L. I 'm tring to get all the zips together,but am having problems with getting errors with some that are asking for a dll LMsomething such that keeps asking. Could you Do an updated file,so that everything up to now is in one place for D/L, and be easier to update after. Just a suggestion, I'm having problems as usual :-O Thanks,   Hank S.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 29, 2008, 10:15:03 PM »
Hi Art,
Thanks for the escape key to stop the generation of toolpaths. I hope people will appreciate how easy your making it for them.
Looking good and seems to be generating profile cuts quicker.

A few comments:
 - Inscribed circle won't take any values in this range 0.01  to 0.099
 - Depth pass is not saved again
 - There is a lot of space in the tool description and it caries over to the saved toolpath file

There are more important things for you to consider but list these anyway as they come to mind.
- Possible to have the option of pointing devices ie; turn pointer to a cross hair when it goes into the grahics part of the screen?
- Have an option to save the profile outline only in GCODE ( Eventualy you'll be able to get it out of the code but it would be nice
  to have for small turnings).
- Can the  per pass  be added as part of comments when code is posted

Pic and dxf if someone wants to fool with it.
RICH

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:19:06 PM by RICH »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 29, 2008, 10:35:04 PM »
Thx Rich,

All good points, I'll see what I can do.
Seems to be doing much better, it can be fooled but its getting harder to do so.
In the end Id like to allow for drawing of the tool bit, migth make for interesting profiles, since the
design in really a object->object collision detector, any shape woudl work in theory, not just the ones
I allow you at the moment. I'll give it some thought.

Note for who asked: I cant put the files into a common place as yet, it woudl be too open, Im keeping the testing
only to those with enough interest to check this thread until its somethign I feel is to a usefull stage. Then I'll
ask Brian to web post it for further downloads.

Thanks for the testing on this, it speeds it along, Im presently doing two projects and sharing time between the two as I can
so you'll see spurts in progress as I go.. :)

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 29, 2008, 10:53:14 PM »
Art,
Once in while i back plot the lazyturn generated code just to compare to the generated code against the profile. A few version back i was seeing some code for profile parts on a slope where the roughing cuts were not following the profile. I didn't see that in the dxf just posted, and that's why the profile was done,  but let me remark that i can't validate that the backpplotiing is 100% either.
For whatever the above is worth.
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 30, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »
"drawing of the tool bit", HMM.....
Haven't the fogiest idea of what it takes to do programing for something.
Before CNC if you wanted to do a profile you ground a tool to cut that small piece of profile.
The candle stick has curves which conventional tooling would never do. But, you can make a tool shape which
would do a weird / tough turning. So if once the widling of stock is done,  you can use an unconventional tool or multiple tools to go in and machine it,....that's something that  no other software may provide. It would require
option to stay out of parts of the profile, and then selectively do other typical machining to widle away more to make room for the drawn tool.

Maybe, if lazyturn allows you to pick a section of the profile and  generate code based on a point tool  ( like using the button) then you have accomplished that already. The difference being that it's up to the operator to figure out how he is going to do it ie; plunge some, then turn some, or whatever, and finaly profile.
Make any sense?
RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 30, 2008, 02:48:35 AM »
Hi, Rich

Your comment "- Have an option to save the profile outline only in GCODE ( Eventualy you'll be able to get it out of the code but it would be nice
                        to have for small turnings)."

You can basically do this now with LazyCam Turn, You need to edit the transition area for the Rough and Finish G-code, Copy the Finish G-code at the bottom of the Rough G-code file, Hears a Pic. and G-code example.

Edit: It was late, Didn't edit in change notes.

Chip
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:23:30 AM by Chip »