Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 07:35:24 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359668 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #820 on: January 21, 2009, 02:55:23 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm visiting the thread from the beginning and the results are going better and better...
So Ive made a drawing for testing and demonstrating...

The basic DXF is attached, too, but another DXF which doesn't show the right pass even though
it has been drawn and saved from the same CAD (TurboCAD pro 12)?!

ART:
Very good Work! But don't forget the insides to make an easy translation. Starting from now Ill make
a German documentation for LT ;)

Best regards from old Germany

Wolfram

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: January 21, 2009, 04:43:42 PM »
Wolfram,
Do you plan on converting to German the manual that is written in English?
RICH
« Reply #822 on: January 22, 2009, 05:06:14 AM »
Good morning Rich,

meanwhile I'm writing complete new manuals in German.

For the first time Ive translated the original Mach3 manual, but now -because of a lot of special features in our German version-  the manuals are
very different.

Our German Mach3 / LazyCam  Manual has reached 661 pages (Milling and turning)... ::)

Best regards,

Wolfram

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: January 22, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »
Wolfram,
Hats off to you as that is a lot of work. The Lazyturn manual will just mature as the program develops. Still a lot of
work to be done in it and feel free to post in the other thread with any comments you may have.
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: February 06, 2009, 12:45:04 PM »
Hi Guys:

I know Ive been quiet, but Ive been working hard on the complex algorithms involved with determining the amount of leftover material after a cut.
After thousands of lines of deleted code, this version is the alpha of the material removal calculator. It doesnt yet take gouging into account for the stock,
but does figure out what youve removed. It was a bitch to get running accurately, Im more bald than when I started..

There is undoubtedly bugs here, but Ive already caught 99% of them. There is a new diagnostic that you can use to help me track down a calc bug, youll see
it in the PassDepth dialog, if you check the "Intersect Diags" checkbox, youll then be asked how many passes to do, the resultant display will show me ( if you take a snapshot) how
the calc is doing up to a set pass number. See if you can find the pass just before it screws up the solid of the stock and send me the drawing, the tool numbers and the the pass data
so I can recreate it.

This is a semi-major change from previous versions in how things are done. The tool max depth is the size of your inscribed circle, this may change but it stabilizes the important
operation of the material calculator.

Anyway, see how you mak out, this is still very early, but I think you'll see why I needed material removed and how it will tie into finish calculations and volume on tip constraints.

Thanks,
Good luck,
Art

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
« Reply #825 on: February 06, 2009, 01:17:11 PM »
Art.. First of All i am very thankful to you for keep working on this great software.. LazyTurn seems very simple and i am soon going to implement it on my DIY lathe cum Indexer... I will post pictures here...

Thank you very much for such an excellent work you are doing for us:)...

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 06, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
khalid:

Thx, its a bugger but I am learing quite a bit, so that coupled with the number of people who want easy profiles makes it worth continuing.. :)

Art

Offline khalid

•  213 213
    • View Profile
    • My Wood carving
« Reply #827 on: February 06, 2009, 01:48:23 PM »
Oops.. after many many tries i succeed in importing the DXF into lazy turn.. basically if you kept open the same DXF in AutoCAD the lazyTurn do not import it...

I close the autocad and it work as charm...In the weekend i will try some stuff and post here...:)

Thanks ART for such a nice work.
« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2009, 06:00:40 PM »
Hi Art,
I Just can't leave this alone, Always something new and Better! The file, .dxf loads faster,and is a little greener,but Faster loading.First off,the tool will not save,have to update tool evertime file loads,did not do this before, attached is... 0.010 across the board, nothing else checked, then checked visual dia. and got green line part way from left to right, then reload and 0.010 set visual dia. and got green line all the way, next reload, got the how many passes,and got cone across the image, reload 0.010 and got some weird things at the top left and center and left white line. Hope you can see this in the attached. Max depth does not work, and cannot change,it flashes but no change. Just something to Ponder!   This Stuff Is Great!   Thanks,   Hank S.
« Reply #829 on: February 06, 2009, 06:35:20 PM »
Art,
I may have been doing something wrong? or something has come together nicely Now! tool now saves,and scan line dia and visual dia works well. was set on how many passes and was 9999 set to 20 on one then reload and set to 10 on the other, seems right? still 0.010 cut path, and seems OK ? What is the red bar at the top,it moves as you change the # of passes that you put in. Code lloads the same, Good. and all the other settings seem to be correct Now! I may have Jumped too fast, but I get Excited,when New things are Added. Great Job Again.   Thanks,  Hank S.