Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:24:34 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359631 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1380 on: April 05, 2010, 02:31:53 PM »
Asrtroguy,
Attached shows some of the mods done to Appendix "F". No you can't print it.  Have a read and see if it helps understanding
or makes for confusion.

BTW,
There will be a fun DXF created for those wishing to try out LazyTurn. Actualy it is a complete hobby project composed of 32 turnings.
The pieces are machinable from LazyTurn generated code,now,but prefer to waite for ART's refinements to the finish pass.

RICH

As a beginner I was a little confused about setting up the coordinate systems but I think I have it now. I guess I will find out when I finish the refit and try to use it. Your guide will be a big help. When it is done I am going to print it and laminate it to set next to the lathe until I learn it.

Thanks!!
"Gravity, its not just a good idea its the law"
« Reply #1381 on: April 07, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »
Greetings,

I just tried using LT on my new computer running Windows 7 and for some reason I can't post code. Everything seems to work normally in LT except when the Notepad screen opens to display the TAP file it's empty.

I attached a screenshot you can see what I'm getting

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kerry

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:46 AM »
Kerry:

Make sure the folder your saving it to has appropriate priviledges. OR, rigth click and run in administrator mode.
I tend to save to desktop, so I dont get that problem, but it shoudlnt appear if the folder your trying to save to
has the write priveleges enabled.. ( Win7 is bad that way..)

Art
« Reply #1383 on: April 07, 2010, 11:50:43 PM »
Art,

I tried your suggestions however the results were the same. As it happened today our computer tech was in the office and he discovered a solution. Here's his notes on how it was fixed:

- This isn't a permissions issue as it will create the file but the file is empty
- I changed LazyTurn to run in compatibility mode for XP SP2, tried again, it worked this time (right click on the lazyturn shortcut, compatibility tab, put a check in the box and choose Windows XP SP2 from the dropdown)

Thanks so much for all your hard work developing LT and always being availabe to offer help, I sure appreciate it!

Kerry Harrison
« Reply #1384 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:54 AM »
Kerry,  I was having the same problem with 7, but by accident while looking for something else in
the Mach folder, lo and behold all the tap files that were blank in note pad were sittin in there
all by them selves. just dragged them to desk top and all was well.

Regards,
Bill

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 08, 2010, 09:10:15 AM »
HI:

Yes, I do seem to recall the problem is actually that notepad isntallowed access to read the file.. Hard to say with so many crazy securities built in these days... :)

Art
« Reply #1386 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:33 AM »
Bill,

I looked in my Mach 3 folder and sure enough there's the files, complete with G-code just as you said. Now that's a strange one??

Kerry

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 17, 2010, 05:29:05 PM »
Hi All,

The complete Lazyturn Manual inclusive of all Appendixes ABCDEFG ( listed below ) can be found in Members Docs.
APPEND     TOPIC                                                       REV
A   LAZYTURN QUICK AND DIRTY                   5
B   CAD DRAWINGS AND COMMON MISTAKES   4
C   DXF FILE EXPORTS                                   4
D   POSTED DXF FILES                                   2
E   PRACTICAL  MACHINING  CONSIDERATIONS   5
F   MACH 3 TURN - QUICK REFERENCE   0
G   PROFILE CODE FROM LAZYCAM                   0

Here is the link.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10091.msg62041.html#msg62041

I doubt i will be making any changes to it until until development activity resumes.
So until then ....happy reading.  :)

RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 18, 2010, 08:36:51 AM »
All I can say is "WOW", Rich. What an unbelievable amount of time and work you put into this and I for one appreciate it very much.

Thank you very much-
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 18, 2010, 09:01:29 AM »
Thanks Dave,
It was time consumming and Appendix "F" still needs tweaking, but as is, it should shorten the path for manny allowing them to
spend more time on having fun with their lathe and not trying to figure how to tie it alll together.

RICH