Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:39:26 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359560 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1400 on: April 20, 2010, 12:38:53 AM »
Hay all

If you zoom very deep in at the very Right tip of the drawing (at the origin) you see that the line is going in the negative direction, could that have got someting to do with it?????

Greetings:
Willem
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:44:10 AM by W.Jansen »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 20, 2010, 09:10:35 AM »
Hi Rich:

LOL, pretty good.

Its not seomthing that popped up recently, Ive struggled with the inside/outside thing for a while, I just
have it set to check as much as I could to make the decision on inside/outside and it works most of the time,
drawings like this one fool it is all..

Art

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #1402 on: April 20, 2010, 08:05:55 PM »
Gerry,
Just tried something, in Microstation it shows all the elements as 3d on import and i changed a setting ( good grief haven't done this one in years) such that the elements were "Independant of View" and it exported and worked fine in LazyTurn.
Is there any setting in AutoCad like that?  ???
RICH

I'm curious as to what Microstation determines is "3D"? In AutoCAD, the .dxf has 5 polylines, all in the XY plane at Z=0. Definately not 3D. I also don't see the line segment Art saw. All 5 polylines had 2 vertices each. Very simple. Unless there's something in the file that AutoCAD is ignoring, but I don't think so, as it should give an error message if that were the case.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #1403 on: April 21, 2010, 12:31:01 AM »
Rich,

I tried the negative value but the results are the same. I redrew the file completly in AutoCAD, same results in LT. How about sending me the file you converted in Microstation and I will try it?

Thanks much,
Kerry

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 21, 2010, 10:06:28 AM »
Some stuff to play with.
RICH
« Reply #1405 on: April 22, 2010, 12:11:09 AM »
Well Rich your file 48_2convert2d.dxf works like a charm, but 48_3convert2d.dxf has the finish pass error.

I guess the 2D file is the ticket. Trouble is I have no idea how to do that 3D/2D conversion in AutoCAD so I'm still stuck. Unless you are willing to convert my files.  ;)

If there are any ideas on doing this in AutoCAD please let me know.

Thanks,
Kerry

Offline Bloy

•  158 158
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 22, 2010, 08:27:20 AM »
Hi All,

The complete Lazyturn Manual inclusive of all Appendixes ABCDEFG ( listed below ) can be found in Members Docs.
APPEND     TOPIC                                                       REV
A   LAZYTURN QUICK AND DIRTY                   5
B   CAD DRAWINGS AND COMMON MISTAKES   4
C   DXF FILE EXPORTS                                   4
D   POSTED DXF FILES                                   2
E   PRACTICAL  MACHINING  CONSIDERATIONS   5
F   MACH 3 TURN - QUICK REFERENCE   0
G   PROFILE CODE FROM LAZYCAM                   0

Here is the link.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10091.msg62041.html#msg62041

I doubt i will be making any changes to it until until development activity resumes.
So until then ....happy reading.  :)

RICH

Hi Rich!
I just wanted to say  ..THANK YOU!!
I've been dormant for quite some time now, but I couldn't let any more time pass without recognizing your immense documentation....and the work behind it!

Thanks Again.
John Bloy

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 22, 2010, 08:41:51 AM »
Kerry,
What version of AutoCad are you using?
Do you have a problem with all or lot your files or was it just that particular one?
RICH
« Reply #1408 on: April 22, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
Rich,

I have 2008. This is the only file I have had this problem with.

Kerry

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 22, 2010, 09:30:57 AM »
John,
Thanks. There is a lot of info in the manual and if it allows you to start having fun with your lathe using LazyTurn then I am happy.
What we realy need is constructive feedback on it and there is a thread where you can post your comments.
I would simply suggest that the user make some notes on the verbage as they use it and then post what is confusing, not wirtten
well, or maybe is in conflict with other documentation, or can be portrayed better for understanding. Then it can be tweaked as time goes on.

You can be thankfull to ART for providing a program which is like no other for the hobbiest. Just need to get the challenges of the finish pass
resolved.

RICH