Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:37:19 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359624 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1040 on: May 17, 2009, 09:57:12 PM »
Hi Art,
We keep a watchfull eye  ;) on this thread. Ready to go when you are.
RICH
« Reply #1041 on: May 17, 2009, 10:06:45 PM »
thank you for checking on the ftp - I have the update file now which I will save for later once I get some bugs worked out.
I uninstalled mach 3 and then reinstalled it making sure to check the box for lazycam at the beginning of the install process.  When I click on lazycam from the file drop down menu, I get a alert stating "option package missing".  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:15:16 PM by shegan »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:02 PM »
shegan,
Yes, when in MACH3 Turn or Mill, LazyCam should start out of the pulldown menu File>LazyCam.....
when clicked on. Try rebooting your PC.
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 19, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »
Hi Guys:

New version of LazyTurn.

This version still doesnt post secondary toolpaths, but it does order them and create them. If they seem OK, Ill add posting for them.
The ordering may appear strange at times, this is because some path segments require previous segments to run first as they remove material
on top of the next segment to cut. This ordering is somewhat complex to do. I still need to better optimise when a full pullout to start X is
required, at the moment it simply ALWAYS pulls back to start X to move to the start of the next group of cuts. It will , however, attempt to
minimize motion by doign as many path segements as it can in a group of segments. ( This is hard to explain but you'll see what I mean while
playing with it. Simulate, ( if you close rough path and highlight secondary paths ) will show the order that the cut will happen in.

I will continue to optimise the ordering and pullout sequences whiel you test this out. If it does work, even if it isnt fully optimised, Ill
add posting of the finish/rough passes so all that will be left ios optimising motion, and finally.. the finish pass.

This version respects the offset from stockproperly, so the theory is you gouge out as much a spossibel with the initial cut with a hefty
stock offset, ( thyis will remove the max material with minimal motion ), then you reduce the stock offset and perhaps the depth per pass,
and do as many fin/rgh passes as you like. When no more material can be removed with a fin/rgh pass with a set tool, then the finsh pass
will be allowed and the cut button will do the finish pass. ( Not yet implemented for finish pass mind you.. ).

We're gettign close to the finish pass, just not quite there yet, but the fin/rgh passes appear to be doign as they should, once I stop
the full pullout they will be pretty efficicent at minimizing motion while removing the material as efficiently as they can.

Thx
Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 19, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »
Hi Art,
A few comments and questions in the pics. I need to do more testing.

RICH
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:30:01 PM by RICH »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 19, 2009, 10:05:17 PM »
Rich:

Nope, should do multiple tools.

Cant seem to duplicate the missing toolpath, can you post the tools used on that dxf..

thx

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 20, 2009, 01:10:22 AM »
ART,
The DXF file can be found in the Members Docs, here is the link:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10091.msg73603.html#msg73603

Attached pics 1 & 2 are tool info and cuts info.
Note that if you do them individualy the paths are created as shown in pic #3.

If you use L for a rough, R for a finish/rough, and then, C for a finish/rough you get what is shown
in reply #1044. If these paths are not correct, then doing another refined cut ( to prepare for a finishing cut / not available yet )
will not be correct. At least on my end.  ;) 

I believe this or a similar problem existed before, not to long ago.
MODIFIED: SIMILAR PROBLEM SEE PAGE 100, REPLY #996,#997,#998  :)

RICH
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:30:57 AM by RICH »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 20, 2009, 09:33:52 AM »
Rich:

Thx for the report. I had a < when I needed a <= .. :) ,
so a group was lost on ordering. This version fixes that..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 20, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »
Hi, Art

Now that seems to be working Nice !!

One question on the second picture, Second and third pass on Right end missing.

Edit: I think on second look the third pic is fine no collision  ;D

But the forth pic misses rt end cut on second pass

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:16:08 PM by Chip »
« Reply #1049 on: May 24, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
Hi All,

I'm a newbie trying to do something I thought would be simple... (heard that before have you?   :D)

Just trying to define the upper barrel of a "Cigar" pen.  The small end has a diameter of 0.470" and the large end is 0.570".  With the slight curve connectiong the ends, the barrel should have a max diameter of 0.675".  I drew the entire thing and snipped out the desired curve a couple different ways.  All dxfs load into LazyTurn without trouble but I certainly don't get a cut profile which looks correct.  I've been back to the manual and defining different tools but still cannot get good output.  The drawing is done using CorelDRAW X4 and exported as dxfs.

Please let me know what I've missed.

Thank you,   Joe