Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:16:35 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359649 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1210 on: February 02, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »
Totallyrc,
Have a look at Appendix "F" of the manual
Can you post your laptop PC  info as i have made a collection of info on them that have been replied to in this thread.
LazyTurn only.......... :D
The appendix is just a storing place for pc related info at the moment but at least you dont have to look through 120 pages to find related info.
Thanks,  ;)
RICH
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:17:15 PM by RICH »
« Reply #1211 on: February 03, 2010, 03:34:27 AM »
Hi Rich,
Acer Aspire 5720Z
Intel Pentium Dual T2330 @1.6GHZ. 2Gb of ram. It was a Vista machine but I upgraded to win7 home premium. Fresh install.
I have a 3.0 score on the gaming graphics but it runs Aero just fine.

My cad program, Viacad runs well along with Mach3 and anything else I have tried to install.
It also runs Machscreen without any problems.

If you need more info, just ask.

I will try to install it on a different computer and report back to see if it works there.

I see the Bug Killer is still at it.
Thank you for the hard work on the manual and I just might actually read it as I have a cold and have taken today off.

If it truly is an open gl problem it would be great if there was a test that could be run before installing LT.

I will look to see if there are any updates to the open GL for my laptop.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: February 03, 2010, 09:15:41 AM »
Hi Guys:

I tested on my Win7 box a few minutes ago.. no errors seen. I too think its an opengl issue. ( they can be a bugger ).

Id suggest a video card driver update if you can find one..

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: February 03, 2010, 09:17:44 AM »
Thanks Mike,
The only thing i found was loosing the pentagon color and i can live with that.
Will take a look later at my  new pc later.
Windows 7 will just have to waite on my end.
So LOL,

RICH
« Reply #1214 on: February 03, 2010, 12:20:31 PM »
Well I got it to work.
I updated to the latest version of Lazyturn with the finish pass and it now works. There are no updates to my video driver as it is the latest.
I will work with it some more and see how it goes.

It really helps to RTFM.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: February 03, 2010, 05:21:13 PM »
It really helps to RTFM

One convinced and only 999 more to go  ;D .....that's why it was witten  ;)

Glad you got her working!
RICH
« Reply #1216 on: February 07, 2010, 11:58:57 PM »
Art,

The red line looks good on my project.  Turn the output on!

I don't understand what "Final Pass," "Per Pass," and "Tolerance" are for.  They don't seem to be functional.  Only "Clearance" makes any difference in the red line's position.

Regards,
Dave
« Reply #1217 on: February 08, 2010, 03:05:48 AM »
Art,

I should know better than to ask, but........

My projects are wood.  My cutting tool is symmetrical and cuts in both directions, but LT only cuts in one direction.

Any chance that LT could get an option to cut in both directions in the rough pass? 

It saves a lot of time.  I've modified one of my LT projects by hand to cut bidirectionally. It saved over 30sec and I saw no difference in the finished product.

Thanks again,
Dave
« Reply #1218 on: February 08, 2010, 05:38:47 AM »
Hi Rich and Art.
Rich, I have sat down with a cup of coffee, a dxf file and played with the program and didn't get too far. So I read the FREAKING manual again.
I also had Lazyturn open at the same time. Much easier to understand. Nice job on the manual and so far I haven't got to the point you have lost me.

Hi Art,
I am with the rest of the crew, turn the finish path on already. If nothing else it will be a great way to do those simple files.
Make everyone read a 100 page paper on how it will probably break their lathe or something. Then turn it on!!!!!!

Well I guess I could say more but since Lazyturn is progressing quite well I guess I should start progressing more on the lathe. LOL

Mike
« Reply #1219 on: February 08, 2010, 07:11:23 AM »
Yes I agree, please turn it on.  :)

Thanks,
Kerry Harrison