Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:59:56 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359533 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #630 on: December 30, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »
On PURPOSE ?
If it's right...it's right I guess.
Every increment inward from the point illstrated onward would be cutting with the entire edge of the insert.
I would think the Z starts would continue to be staggered along the same angle as the first several cuts. (sketch)
You surley could not use the same feeds and speeds plunging straight in like that......could you ?
Thanks,
RC
« Reply #631 on: December 30, 2008, 02:53:52 PM »
This is the the way I assumed it should be.
RC :)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 30, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
RC:

Depends on the insert and the feeds. In the end that rear flank will be taken into account, its just at the moment the development hasnt got there yet. It requires a dual gouge sensing to sense
not only a gouge to the profile ( currently working) but a gouge to the leftover material. ( Not yet implemented.). So when I say "On purpose, its better put " As yet."  :)

Art
« Reply #633 on: December 30, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
OK..I understand. More to implement. Could get REAL rough on some holders too, the way it is.
This little fish will get fried later. :)

About the other problem...curve to a sharp point (pic).
Did you get yours to break like here ?
It actuall posted code OK but there was NOclearance for the flank at all.

Profile pass soon ?

Thanks ,
RC

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 30, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
Hi, RC

Are you using BobCad to generate that Profile in the post 2nd post back ?, If so what version.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #635 on: December 30, 2008, 04:16:32 PM »
Hi Chip,
   I had a friend at a neighboring engineering firm spit that out for me with DelCam.
My trial ran out with Vector but they do it the same way as Del.
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 30, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »
Hi:

>>About the other problem...curve to a sharp point (pic).
Did you get yours to break like here ?
It actuall posted code OK but there was NOclearance for the flank at all.

No, for some reason mine is fine using those values, I get the expected tool collision avoidance..

I have been making changes in mine though,so just to be sure, here is the development version Im using ...

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 30, 2008, 05:15:19 PM »
hmm, that may have messed up.. here it is again..

Art
« Reply #638 on: December 30, 2008, 05:25:19 PM »
Hi All,
This is pretaining to POST#617,and was able to play a little bit more. Since I use this CAD for other then Lathe codes at the moment,this is all I can play with to see if I can make something easy for me to use for LT. I played with the line,and grid settings,and found that if I keep a setting of 0.050 in the grid,and use a 0.010 line,that seems to be the most comfortable way to get all the dxf's to work, now for a reason beyond my dumbfoundness, good word aye, I have built 2 screens to keep mill and lathe from compeating with each other. Hopefully this will keep me out of trouble, just to remember which one to use for what!... Still this is learn by mistakes, which is getting time consuming, non the least. Otherwise, Let The Chips Fly.   Thanks,   Hank S.
« Reply #639 on: December 30, 2008, 05:48:10 PM »
Yes..YES !  That's MUCH better.
But....I got my hand slapped. :D

Thanks