Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:40:00 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359635 times)

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2008, 08:52:48 AM »
Jimbo,
thanks for that, I wasn't aware the lights did anything when in 2d. It doesn't get me very much further in the load though.
Interestingly this profile loads & produces code without any problems in Lcam.

Tony
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2008, 09:07:44 AM »
Tony
Thats the same as i have found and as you were saying the pulley and the other part wont load in my Turbo Cad so much for DXF. I just dont understand what is wrong with your drawing that only produces half the Valve. I am sure someone will explain.
Jim
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2008, 09:37:08 AM »
Hey Guys..Quick Question,
I can save the Pully DXF and open it with LTurn but cannot open ANY DXF with my AutoCad LT.
Is there a way ?  I get what you see below.
I can draw in AC Lt and export a DXF just fine but cannot open a dxf in cad.
Thanks,
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2008, 10:13:59 AM »
Hi Guys:

The column.dxf also has those annoying lights in it. When removed, it loads fine. Im not sure how to sense those automatically, they are stored as lines and arcs, so the program see's them as normal entities. Ill study up on it. Ill try to release latest version today, Im off tomorrow for a weeks snowmobiling trip , and Ill give thought as to how to solve that one , if its solvable. I think your all seeing just how big a problem DXF's tend to be, there are many flavours, and many cad programs stick in all kinds of weird entities and such. LazyTurn will ignore many of them, but when they are simply lines and arcs added in to the rest it makes it very hard to tell what IS and what Isnt a real object. What I may do is just ignore the softest chains, delete them, and keep the longest chain, that should solve many of these kinds of errors. It cheating, but it sounds liek a way to get around all the bad dxf's..

I still need a fix from leadtools for grahams example, you can see the lines are reported with no Y component for some reason.. We'll see what they come up with. Thay take abnout a month to fix most bug reports.

Thanks,
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »
Before I go, heres the latest build.

Art

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »
Hi Guys:

The column.dxf also has those annoying lights in it. When removed, it loads fine. Im not sure how to sense those automatically, they are stored as lines and arcs, so the program see's them as normal entities. Ill study up on it.

Obviously, that was my fault... I had recycled a file that had previously been renderd in 3D. I don't have a GUI representation of the lights, so they persisted into the 2D profile. I'll have to keep a closer tab on those.

Both the pulley and column profiles were "Saved As" DXF from TurboCAD Deluxe 14. A "clean" Column.dxf is attached.

Paul, Central OR

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2008, 03:06:36 AM »
Hi Art,

As soon as I load a DXF to LazyTurn, it starts using 50% of the CPU and doesn't respond. Any idea why should this happen?

Thanks,
Daniel
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2008, 10:23:01 PM »
TonyP
I have attached your drawing of the valve showing the way it should be laid out on the Drawing in order to get the Diameter showing properly you will see on thev drawing that the X and Y axis must show the centre and the end of the piece on X=0 & Y=0.
The only thing that I cannot get to work out is what happens after the Valve head when it goes into the angle. Obviously it is meant to have an angle in the piece you want to make.
jim

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2008, 04:50:25 AM »
Jimbo,
unfortunately I now can't open the dxf in turbocad. Amazing how nonexchangeable this format is. Strangely enough, I use the format quite a bit for exchanging circuit diagrams with one of my clients. He generates his in Autocad & I generate mine with Seetrax Ranger ( A PCB cad package ) & we have no problems. I can view either of them on Turbocad, but I've found very few of the dxf's on this topic will display.
I can view your dxf now in Lturn ( It still says it isn't the correct format) but after moving  the axes to x0 z0 at the rhs I still can't get it to take my dxf at all.
This is just a test piece so it's not worth a lot of effort. It's just an example of a real job that I may want to do on the lathe.
Lazycam seems to handle it reasonably well - I'm not really clear why there is such a difference in the input file acceptance. Presumably Art is using a completely different decode/ display method. I do like the new style though.

Tony
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2008, 05:03:53 AM »
Tony
Reading your post, what makes it even more strange is that the DXF I have produced is from Turbocad which is what you are using. I think you will find that this will all sort itself out once Art gets his teeth into it. It is what we have been waiting for.
Jim