Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:32:38 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359650 times)

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »
Thanks, I tried the sample DXF. However, something is going wrong - the program is very slow and hardly responds to commands. After a minute of running it wasn't responding anymore and slowed down the computer using above 50% of it's CPU.
It takes me about 40 seconds to load the DXF.

Daniel
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 11:58:14 AM »
I had the same problem loading it

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,667 2,667
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 12:04:39 PM »
Hi Art,

Great to see you could not resist the tap, tap, tap, of the keys.

Lazy turn is looking good so far, I can not get this to load, it is just lines and arcs, no splines etc.

No big problem just thought it may be useful as a sample.

Can you guess what it is yet?  ;D

Graham.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 12:11:13 PM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »
I did not know what to expect when i opened that Dwg.
So if you have a knob I have a Cannon   Here is the Dwg. I have trouble with and as far as I can see it has the correct perameters.

ah hum, yes perhaps should have given it a better name  :-\

I can't see anything in your cannon when I open it with autocad 14 but I can see it when I drop it in Vcarve - The problem could well be that there are other things in the file as well, there's things in it that look like a light bulb and light written on them amongst other things..

yosefi83 - opening your file in Vcarve all I see it a load of circles  ???
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
The Canon was done in Turbo Cad and they light bulbs are a pain I managed to get rid of them a long time after the drawing was done they are lighting for 3D, If you open it in lazycam you can see it but it does not show the elipse that Art mentioned in his post.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »
Hi, Bigbigjimbo

Biggest problem was not starting with a clean drawing, There were 5 lights, hidden text and a extra layer.

Draw it in the upper left quadrant of your cad referencing the center of your profile on the X zero line.

The way it's drawn you need to adjust your left to right zero from 7.99 to 0, max dir from 10.5022 to something bigger than 1.2522 and reduce the stock

diameter some.

Hears your dxf and a before and after adjusting it.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »
Cheers Chip, I understand what you are saying and what I have to do for easy Turn drawings. So I gather that EasyCam recieves its drawings in a different way as the lights etc. did not bother it.
I will have to play around to see what you are refering to in Stock Size then i will be sorted and can get back to easyturn.
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 01:20:07 PM »
This came out as drawn..OK
Just arcs, straight lines and fillets.
One other profile would not load..like Graham's but I couldn't identify the problem.
Tried arc to arc reversing direction, non tangential all OK.
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 01:41:14 PM »
Hi Guys:

Grahams problem turns out to be a leadtools bug. ( Man that API is buggy as hell, Im really disappointed in how it resolves some files. Ive reported the bug to leadtools, now I need to wait for an update to fix that one. Heres a leadtools test application that shows what your profiles look like to them. If this application shows your file correctly, then LazyTurn should load it as well. Meanwhile we wait for them to fix it..

Art
 >:(

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »
Hi, Graham

It's a serious man's game piece, I think

I loaded your dxf, Did a "Reverse Surface Normal" (BobCad ver. 22 Term), Guess it straightens out the arc's & lines some.

I have some drawings that load fine and some with the same problem.

Thanks, Chip