Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:27:47 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359605 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #770 on: January 11, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »
Willem,
Post your DXF with those changes. Also, if possible, a screen shot of the lathe tools screen showing the inputs.
RICH
« Reply #771 on: January 11, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
Hi Rich

Here are the dxf files.
the screenshots you see in previous post are without any tools loaded, just the dxf.

Greetings:
Willem

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 11, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »
Cees,
Thank you and I understand, but, it could have been worse........ "yus guys aint't seen nuttin". ;)

That reply covers a lot of subject matter. You will find text in the manuals containing high levels of thought, example; in "PRACTICAL MACHINING CONSIDERATIONS, APPENDIX "E",

3.3 Common sense regarding tool selection can be subjective depending on the user.

Just an example of verbage which will be changed...... over time.

At any time just reply with a DAH! ???

RICH

« Reply #773 on: January 11, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
que? ???

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 11, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »
What part?  :)
RICH
« Reply #775 on: January 11, 2009, 12:18:54 PM »
all!! >:D

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 11, 2009, 01:37:05 PM »
Willem,
re: reply#768 & #771

I "exploded" the POLYLINE so the profile was converted to simple elements and saved it as a
ver 12 DXF.  When imported the profile was no longer cut off. Why "exactly" one polyline profile will work
and another won't i do not know.

APPENDIX "B" - CAD DRAWINGS AND COMMON MISTAKES

5.9 Compose the profile from simple elements.
so will add " USING A PROFILE COMPOSED OF A SINGLE POLYLINE IS NOT RECOMMENDED"

I never use and avoid polylines for a profile ( for CNC work). That's how I work, maybe it's
old fashioned and stupid, but.....
if you read Appendix "C" 2.0 DXF HISTORY you will know were i am comming from. No it dosn't answer
the question directly but gives insight on the matter.

RICH

« Reply #777 on: January 11, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »
Hi Willem,
  I could see nothing wrong with your #40 DXF but it would only load a partial profile here as well.
All I did was  select REDRAW in my cad and then it posted well in LT.
Here it is if you'd like to try it.
RC

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 11, 2009, 01:42:11 PM »
ART,
Relative to Lazyturn import capability,
Do you have any comments on using polylines?
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: January 11, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »
Hi Rich:

There should generally be no problem with a polyline, the problem comes in when a program modifies any element of the polyline by adding a "BULGE" factor tag to it to indicate that line is  a bulged polyline entity.
  As you guys have seen, the errors generally come into being when either entities cross over each other, ( mainly arc's, Mach3 fixed lines automatically) , OR when a recess in a profile is attempted to be profile by the tool radius distance. By this I mean the first step when generating a toolpath is to offset the main profile by the tool radius amount. This offset profile is used for the computation of the path itself. The module I use doesnt always generate a perfect offset. This is specially true of deep recesses. The result is the message "Sorry, Self intersecting profile found.". When this occurs a smaller tool radius will often work, or larger radisu in some cases. This is due to a breakdown in the 3d solid manipulation. I may find a solution at some point, but reducing the pockets depth may help as well. In the end using a lower radisu tool may be best for the cut in any cae, but Ill leave those details till the end.

Thx
Art