Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:46:18 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1359573 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1260 on: February 13, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
I get the same general results as you do in your pdf (didn't duplicate every entry though) with the previous release.
The new ver seems good as new here, I'll post anything else I might find that confuses me.
Thanks

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 13, 2010, 11:15:22 AM »
Hmm...
I will take back my last post, back many "moons" ago, and i don't know when, the tool would cut with the negative tool angle. ( figure 7.4.3 in the manual shows it along with path results in figure 7.4.8 ).

ART,
Can you clarify?

RICH
« Reply #1262 on: February 13, 2010, 01:18:15 PM »
A pos. END selection is equal to a neg. SIDE selection...and vice-versa.

Art, I have a question about the convention you are using for the TOOL ANGLE setting.
Forgive me if this has been explained before.
It appears that you have "0" as being the symmetrical centerline of the insert perpendicular to the centerline of the spindle.
In other CAM's I see this angle as a "Presentation Angle" where that angle setting refers to the relationship of the actual cutting edge of the insert to the material being cut.
 Where "0" is the cutting edge square to the surface (turning or facing) ,
a POS entry is a clearance or relief from the material and a NEG value is INTO the material.
For instance...a Right hand 35 degree diamond with a Tool Angle setting of 5 would do right hand turning to a shoulder and facing with a 5 deg clearance. The same setting in LT would be -22.5 SIDE (22.5 END) to get the same result.
Not sure which is most commonly used but the latter seems simpler to use...Unless of course it would require a lot of rework on your part. Don't want you to back up any more than necessary at this point.
Also, in your "Lft Center Rt" tool selector, would be nice if when there is a tool angle set the final tool would "mirror" automatically when clicking Lft or Rt instead of having to change the Pos and Neg in the angle box.....or the SIDE/END.
Just curious,
RC
« Reply #1263 on: February 13, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »
Art...sorry if I broke it.
Roughing is all well....but...the Fine when nuts with the last change.
Feb 8 fine is OK , do you guys see any difference now with the FINE ?
RC

edit: I get 15 fine passes no matter what I try. (the red and black from Feb8 is gone as well)

Anybody else ?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:13:58 PM by Overloaded »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 13, 2010, 04:55:05 PM »
Hi:

:), thats because its still a work in progress and thats where I was at when I updated the file for you to fix roughing..

Ill get back to you guys on the tool angles, when Ive had a chance to revisit them . In the end they can do pretty much as you wish, they are
just polygon generators..

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 13, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
Even posts and runs in Turn.......well sort off.  ;D
RICH
« Reply #1266 on: February 13, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »
Okee dokee. :)
Thanks

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 14, 2010, 04:18:54 AM »
Hi, Art

Very nice progress, Hears a little glitch in the final pass with a cutoff tool, I think.

Chip
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:28:27 AM by Chip »

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 19, 2010, 10:05:44 AM »
Hi Guys:

This is a version with some new code for added stability, and the final pass is nearly complete to the level of posting code. Next step
if this works will be to output that final passes as Gcode. It shoudl work either direction cut, and should create passes with or without roughing
as a prerequisite.

Downside is that every finish pass must run from start to finish as one pass, it cannot stop on a pass that isnt cutting anythign at the moment.
It is smart enough to create only the number of passes required however. Try a rough, then finish it with a finsh to see what I mean. It will
generate just enough passes that each cuts something, so your clearance, and pass depths now matter. The stock is now updated as well to show what the
finished cut will look lie. Youll notice that a finish pass makes a lot of difference , and you dont need to cut such small roughing passes to get the
end product to look as close to the drawing as possible. ( which I think is what we really want. :) )

Art

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 19, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
Will have a look at it....
RICH