Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:55:46 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362340 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1190 on: January 28, 2010, 09:39:24 PM »
ART,
I'm getting to really like that tool placement button you added as it allows for easy adjusment of the tool angle
as shown in fig #1.

This is not the easiet truning to do and you can see the cut though / osscilation in pic #2.

In pic #3 I changed the approach to machining it with two finish passes, the first worked well, and the
second would have been fine except for the cut thru.Looks like it happens at the beginning of the arc.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 28, 2010, 09:56:50 PM »
ART,
Nothing really wrong with this one except for the name of the file.  >:D
I wonder were he's hiding!  ???
RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 28, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »
TO ALL,
If you wish to try try out LazyTurn or test out the latest version and need a file......

Take a look at Appendix"D" in the LazyTurn Manual as it provides a listing of 80 dxf files along with pictures of each and it's associated reply of this thread. No need to even have CAD!

RICH
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:20:04 PM by RICH »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 29, 2010, 12:02:28 AM »
Hi, Rich

I'm wandering in the background.

Chip  :D

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 29, 2010, 09:51:35 AM »
Hi Rich:

Yes, those cutoffs are due to trying an undercut. I need to find a solution to that repsonce by the algorithm.
Not bad looking though so far.. looks like its working better than I thought it would as a startup attempt.

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 29, 2010, 10:15:38 AM »
ART,
I think it's rather solid for just coming out of the box. The hard thing to find... is the little critters and the only way is
to just do as many profiles along with cutting tool combinations. So you also need a diversity of folks , because they all think differently.I'll just keep picking away at the different profiles and see if i can find some common faults.

I like it that you can do more than one finish pass. As shown it takes a number of tools to accomplish the profile.
Will try to  spend a few hours each day fooling with it.

I am not looking for bugs in any of the different buttons etc., and just staying focused on the finish pass.
If i find any by chance will ket you know.
IE; - don't simulate
     - don't try to post code
     - etc.........

RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 29, 2010, 10:49:47 AM »
Rich:

>>Will try to  spend a few hours each day fooling with it.

Good god, dont go that nuts.. :) ..  Hate to waste as much of your time as I have mine. lol..

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 29, 2010, 12:00:49 PM »
ART,
If i have the time and in the mood, well time flies. It all has to do with my work training...
namely you look at something and say......what's wrong with this thing!
I want LT to be a program that a user ( and i am one of those users ) will enjoy using such that
they can't find a better program for the buck they spend.
Besides, how else can you attempt to write a meaningfull manual if you haven't gone through all the pitfalls yourself.
Rather spend the time upfront then type replies to user problems later!

If you got the time hopefully we can support your efforts and there will be a nice program for
turners.
RICH
« Reply #1198 on: January 30, 2010, 04:03:37 AM »
Hi Rich:

Yes, those cutoffs are due to trying an undercut.
Art

It's maybe a stupid question, but what is an undercut?

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 30, 2010, 08:26:50 AM »
An under means the tool is cutting UNDER a lip. I guess you could define it as when a stright line in the X from the outter edge of the screen  to the tooltip has to pass thorugh material of the profile. Thats refered to as a undercut area.. The only way to cut such a thing is for the tool to reverse Z direction after entering in order to get out of that area..

Art