Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:29:03 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362040 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #910 on: March 04, 2009, 12:08:45 AM »
AND SO IT WAS SAID AND SO IT WAS DONE
AMEN  ;)

RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 04, 2009, 01:17:45 AM »
Hi, Rich

It's pretty close to doing inside boring, Well in rough anyway, Just needs the cutting order reversed in the post.

Tool's are working well now to.

Chip
« Reply #912 on: March 05, 2009, 12:25:40 PM »
I don't think it is going to work this way, toolpath is now horizontal, I think it should be vertical, or do I mis something?
Cees

Hi, Rich

It's pretty close to doing inside boring, Well in rough anyway, Just needs the cutting order reversed in the post.

Tool's are working well now to.

Chip
« Reply #913 on: March 05, 2009, 12:31:30 PM »
Hi Cees,
   It only works in horizontal mode for now, facing will come later....we hope.
This is just a temporary way to cut a profile on the face of the part using ONLY Z axis cuts.
Down and Dirty "Workaround" if you will.
More features to come in the future.
RC

And in Chip's example, Boring would use horizontal "Z" axis cuts but would need to reverse the cut order from outside inward, to inside outward.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:40:38 PM by Overloaded »
« Reply #914 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:09 AM »
Hi guy's
Well Finlay got LT to turn a part for me with a little help from Chip it roughed out the part very nice, so Art are you going to do any further  work on it this year also i read your other post on final version how you might license turn this is why i purchased mach in the first place and bought the pro version i know their are others that did the same i hope you and Brian take this into consideration on the final lic i think you have done a great job on LT please don't stop now.

RG's
Dennis

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: March 27, 2009, 10:54:26 AM »
Hi Dennis:

No worries on licensing, anyone currently licensed to LazyCam PRO will automatically be licensed for LT.

Thx
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn - New Version
« Reply #916 on: March 27, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »
Hi Guys:

Well, this version is a display of whats coming and to give you a chance to play with the added interface items. The post processor will only put out the
first toolpath though, it needs to be modified for the additional paths. Hopefully next version.

Changes:

This version implement mutiple tools, or multiple depths. The Cut Button is now functional for all types of cuts. If you cut , for example, a profile
with 6mm depth per pass as the first cut, this will quickly pare down the stock. You may now either select a new tool, or cut again using a different
depth per cut, so as per example, we now cut at 1mm depth, only the areas uncut are now processed, so you quickly pare the stock down
further to 1mm tolerances without all the air-time losses. You may use multiple tools or multiple depths in any order. However, since all cuts are
predicated on the previous cut, the delete toolpath button ( !)  will only remove the final cut, which you can then recut, or delete upwards on the tree
one by one.

TO Simulate the cut in realtime ( showing true feedrate of the tool ), make sure the paths are expanded in the tree ( collapsing a path de-selects it ),
and hit the SIM button, it will show you what the path is calling for and gives a more visual clue about the path to be cut. The speed of the display is the
feedrate you commanded in the tool selection, so its a bit of a visual clue about if you screwed up the feedrate, I will add a way to change that quickly soon.
Clicking the right mouse button will cancel a simulation display. All expanded paths are simulated one by one when SIM is selected. Rapid speed is loosely defined
as 10 times the feedrate, ( just so you dont have to watch all the rapids in slow motion. )

No Profile is yet done, but I suspect you can see its close to being the next job, once the current changes are debugged. The architecture has been modified quite a bit
for multipass-multitool, so play with it, have fun, and let me know what you think. The plan for fiinish hprofile is to have the CUT button do a finish ONLY if the previous CUT
took no material at all, meaning the roughing is now done. Cant get any lazier than that.

Have fun,
Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 27, 2009, 11:28:23 AM »
Hi Dennis,
I quess the lesson learned on following Lazyturn is that when we are all focused great head way
is made. Unfortunately, as other things pop up and need attention something needs to to put
aside in order to address them. Before you know it, a month can disappear. I can only speak for  
myself and the name for the discontinuity is called CNCSHDD.

Computer Numerical Control Shop Diversion Disorder.  ???

Doctor Phil said there is no cure, sort of like a cold, just needs to take it's course over time.  :-\

BTW, you can catch CNCSDD by breathing the air around the computer or from the shop.  ;)
 ;D
RICH
« Reply #918 on: March 27, 2009, 11:39:01 AM »
Art
wow thanks for the update i can't say enough about how great it is to finally have a turn program to work with that is not so complex it becomes a year long learning curve to use great work Art thanks again.
Rich
i know what you mean i have that problem sorry to hear there is no cure though it seams i had the disorder and didn't know it thanks to you and Doc Phil for giving it a name maybe someday doctors may find a genetic cure.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 27, 2009, 12:46:04 PM »
Art,
Just wanted to mention that any comments you post along with the updated
version, realy helps with the manual update.

To all others who have posted in this thread.
Each reply is reviewed for relevance to manual verbage. The comment may or not be included,
may be rewritten, or similar ones are grouped and a summary comment made which happens
to capture the context of discussion. To date a few hundred pages of comments exist.
Some replies just die over time as they are not applicable. So if i can get over CNCSDD
the manual may get an update in the near future.

RICH