Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:52:05 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362045 times)

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2008, 05:11:20 AM »
Jimbo,
my Turbocad is a bit old now, V9 I think . It's certainly exciting to have some attention given to the lathe at last.

Tony
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 11:09:13 AM »
Hi Art
I have just checked in and found you are working on turn great i have been waiting for it  looks great don't stop now your on a roll.

Rg's
Dennis
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »
Hi Art

Thanks for working on turn.
Will turning in Lazycam stay or will it taking out of Lazycam.
Maybe i speak rubbish now but It would be nice if we could draw in Lazyturn (cad/cam)
I am no programmer so i have no idea if that is difficult to make but to me it Will be the ultimate program.

Greetings:
Willem
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:05:32 PM by W.Jansen »
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2008, 10:34:11 PM »
Hello Willem,
Here is a quote from ART's first post on this topic.
"This program will , in the end, also allow for profiles to be drawn."
I'm anxious to see this too.
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 06:12:05 PM »
Hi Guys:

Drawing is planned. And when (if?) LazyTurn is released, turning will be removed from lazycam.
Im not sure if Ill do drawing before toolpaths or after, Im just looking now at that choice. I now have
the graphics as good as it will get for the startup phase, but Im thinking I may veer off course to allow
modification of, or drawing of, a profile. Have to check a few things first before I decide the most efficient path
forward. Anyway, Im back, and working on it again, more releases will appear over the next week or so, so
feel free to critique or suggest changes as I go..

Thanks
Art
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2008, 06:20:36 PM »
WELCOME BACK !
Hope you had a grand time.
I personally would like to see the tool path first, but I guess it really doesn't matter much.
Regards,
RC
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 07:28:21 PM »
Hi Art

Of course it is up to you what come first , i take it as it comes.
To me it most importend that profiling on the frontside of the material is possible ( i do not mean the frontside of the toolpost but the side i see looking from the tailstock).
The graphics what i see now is very promising.
By the way if i load a profile i see no difference if i choose inner or outer profile but maybe that is not in order at this moment.
Anyway i love the idea that there Will come a great turning program (if it will be half as good as the mill program i already will be happy)

Thanks and greetings:
Willem
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 10:14:19 AM by W.Jansen »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2008, 07:01:18 AM »
Hi Art,

before you get too deep into the structure of Lazyturn can I drop in a few ideas :-

1. Can we have the option of front or rear turret, better still a mixture of both. I have external tools on the front and internal tools on the rear.

2. Can we have centre line drilling and tapping with graphics, user to enter drill/tap dia and length etc.

3. Could we have a scaled plan view, backdrop of our lathe layout, that way collisions could be spotted (users could draw the plan view as a dxf)

4. Would user defined tools be possible, tool and turret could then be drawn for above.

5. Could you make it so that grooving/parting tools can have 2 offsets, one on the front edge and one on the back edge of the tip.  This is great for sizing grooves and maintaining position.

6. Is it possible to do X axis threading, e.g. lathe chuck scrolls.  :o

Some wish list I know, but if you don't ask, you never get.  :)

Graham.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:03:53 AM by Graham Waterworth »
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2008, 04:10:34 PM »
Can I second Graham on the request for scaled backdrop view of the lathe,chuck and tools.
this is by far the hardest thing in turning to keep stationairy and rotating bit away from eachother (about to run a slanted bed machine here with tool turret)
DXF is good enough
imagine a DXF for the lathe, and several others for the tool profile (origin as tool marker)

JB
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
Hello ART,
Not to sound petty, but....will LTurn be included with the purchase of the LCam Lic. ?

Answer at your leisure, just curious.
Thanks,
RC