Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:31:27 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1366767 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2008, 01:47:57 PM »
Hi Guys:

Interestnig that bobcad normals fix that, but I suspect its just bobcad resaving it thats doing it. QCad opens grahams profile fine, but lead doesnt.
Here is a new version with better rullers and more efficient in loading objects. Still working on elipitcal arcs, that turns out to be a leadtools bug as well. ( Reported).

Thanks
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
By the way, as a diagnostic, that latest version also shows the raw profile layed over the spun object.. Id be interested in snaps of other failing dxfs.. might lead to the problem..

( Dont you hate the way dxf's vary. :) )

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »
Hi, Art

I'm really really starting to like this program, Thanks !!

Nice things,

It doesn't seem to care whether the DXF is x,y or x,z. based or where it's drawn in the Cad Quadrant layout (adjust to 0,0 after loading)

Comment's

I'd move the red & blue dia. markers to opposite side of the brown one.

Can't seem to find the Post Button though  { :<)

Thanks, Chip

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 03:22:00 PM »
Thanks chip for the conversion info, luckily I have the tools to correct the problem.  I just find it so odd that a DXF can be loaded into many programs and saved out in a DXF format that will then not load into other programs why should anything be changed?  DXF is a standard  ;)

Yes its a rather large chess king, made as part of a garden lawn set in black and white acetal.

While turn is getting some attention, would it be possible to get some of the nice Fanuc bits included, e.g.

Auto chamfer

G01 X20. C.25 (form a .25mm chamfer)
Z-10.

Auto radius

G01 X10. R-1. (form 1mm ext corner rad)
Z-10. R2. form a (2mm internal rad)
X20.

Incremental moves

G00 X50. Z2. (move to start point)
G01 Z-100. F.35 (feed to length)
G00 W102. U1. (rapid to Z2. and X52.)

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 03:56:10 PM »
Hi, Art

Data Exchange Format "yea right" Everyone made there own Format of it, Go Figure !!

The Leadtool.exe isen't happy, Must be missing some req. files.

Graham's original dxf loads with ether a untitled file name or leaves the previously loaded file name and shows a profile, w\missing arc's.

After loading in bob-cad and saving a new dxf, Shows file name and a profile, w\missing arc's.

Saving B-Cad dxf, After Chaining or Rev. Surface Normal, Then it's fixed.

Thanks, Chip

Edit: Graham, Yes those would be nice
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 05:13:18 PM by Chip »

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 02:26:04 AM »
La coterie, you are right, my DXF does have some missing entities.

By the way, Chip, just was wondering how is that cannon turned - say you turned everything on the right side up to the left end ball - how the hell do you turn that ball? You can't re-chuck it with the ball side being on the right...

Daniel
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2008, 02:37:01 AM »
Daniel
This is my cannon and I have already turned the back end on an Emco Compact 3 CNC
What is missing from the drawing is that at the ball end, the ball is only partially turned leaving a spigot from the ball to the material held in the chuck.
Once it is turned fully, you can saw it just a little proud of the ball and it can be easily shaped with a file and emery or you could just part it of and clean up the little nipple with a file.
Jimbo

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »
Hi Art,

Here's the column profile I had been throwing at LazyCam Pro awhile back... It does not load in LazyTurn. I tried another profile for a pulley, and it loads Ok.

Many thanks for keeping us turners in mind...

Paul, Central OR

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2008, 05:41:45 AM »
Great to see some movement in the turning department. I use Turbocad & am finding problems loading some of the dxfs posted here. The pulley & the column for instance give a 'Viewport entity with no extended data ' error. Conversely I can't load some of my dxfs into Lazyturn. Here's one.

Tony
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2008, 06:33:15 AM »
TonyP
I have looked at your profile and in Turbo cad you have done the same as I did "the lights are on" Go to Menubar at the top of TC and in View select lights Delete them all. I dont this and I now have most of your Valve but not a complete one the other tip to do as I was informed of earlier is to Select all your profile and right click on the mouse and edit the Ref point on the selection to the top Right hand corner once done drag it to 0, 0, this lines up the ruler in lazyturn.