Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:36:15 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362184 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1530 on: October 08, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »
hi rich
thanks
all ok
« Reply #1531 on: May 20, 2013, 06:02:51 AM »
Good day! I'm trying to install LT but it's written that there is no Lvkrnu.dll! What is the problem?
Regards
Valery

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 20, 2013, 06:43:13 AM »
Valery,
Install LT per instructions shown on page 6 of the manual which can be found in Members Doc's.

RICH
« Reply #1533 on: December 17, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »
There is not much activity on this LazyTurn forum!  I am fairly new to LT, and I was excited by the possibilities for the program but I am discouraged by the absence of attention to the bugs.  For example, the fine cut finishing always generates G code in radius mode, even when diameter mode is specified.   I don't want to rejig my Mach3 to radius mode, and other workarounds are even more trouble.
Question….    Given that lazy turn is in limbo land, is there an alternative similar program out there which will generate G Codes .  I don't mind paying, just need a name….

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 17, 2013, 04:01:54 PM »
jviggers,
Under options you can select what mode you are in so just tick for Diameter. Now remember that you should not mix things up....units, drawing , select mode, and also config Mach the same mode. 

Still not that manny software options available for the lathe user. You may want to have a look at Dolphin Lathe.
That's the one that I use or said differetenly, could rationalize out purchasing. :)

RICH

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 21, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
CamBam also has some basic lathe functionality (the dxf has to be drawn in a certain plane, and it can only handle external turning). It's always worth trying, as the demo allows you to use the full program with no restrictions 40 times before locking you out, unlike other program trials where various features are crippled so you can't really test the program.

The next option is Dolphin, which if you qualify for the hobby license, is pretty good value.
« Reply #1536 on: December 21, 2013, 04:37:21 PM »
Thanks Rich and MC... 
I like Lazy Turn.  It is simple and it is free.  I have checked the settings for radius-diameter mode in LT and Mach Turn and still no joy.  Reading through other posts I see that quite a few other users are having similar problems, so I do suspect a bug.
I have 2 workarounds.  First, to work in radius mode in LT and M3, and use fine turning only.  In initial run I take deep cuts, then still in fine mode I take the finishing cuts.  The only disadvantage of this is having to work in radius mode and the file size is bigger.  Not that file size matters.
The second workaround, is to use diameter mode in LT and M3, and to use another program to double all of the X measurements in the fine mode runs.  It does work, but is a pain.

Thankyou for the suggestions of Cambam and Dolphin.  Dolphin looks good, but the best price on offer to me is $395.  I am not sure why I am not being offered the hobby price.  I sure as hell don't make any money out of this hobby!   Cambam for the lathe looks to be in a very early stage of development.

What a shame the Lazy Turn programming has not been tidied up!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 21, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »
Post your dxf file that you are using. Haven't used LT in some time and will take a look when I get a chance.

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 21, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »
Reading through other posts I see that quite a few other users are having similar problems, so I do suspect a bug.
I don't recall those posts and assume that they were not recent.

I just tried a few files in LT, based on  Radius or Diameter selection and it posted  correct gcode for each.
So it does work.

I may be wrong,  but the LT version which is included with LazyCam download may not be the latest Lazyturn release. ???
A memory bell is ringing....but could be a wrong tone!  :D

SO
Have a look in the Lazyturn Manual which can be found in Members Doc's and you will find the correct way to intsall it and the latest version.

RICH  ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 05:42:46 PM by RICH »
« Reply #1539 on: December 29, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »
Problem fixed!  I installed the exe file from the latest version of LazyTurn, and the radius - diameter problem has disappeared.  Thank you for the suggestion.