Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:34:09 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1365818 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #1440 on: July 25, 2010, 09:34:50 PM »
Hi Guys:

1.LT will not convert units on import?

Nope, but Ill consider that for next development cycle. At the moment its basically asking if the input is metric or standard. Many DXF's dont say
in any regard.

2.In tools you need to check the box that the defined tool is metric.
   Don't just copy an Imperial  defined  tool , check that's it is metric, since LT will not do the conversions for the newly created tool.
   You can use metric or imperial defined tools.

Yup. :)

3. The tool used defines the generated gcode units.
     If an Imperial  unit drawing is used and metric tool used then the gcode units will be MM. Note that the units are posted as a comment
        "       MM                            "                 Imperial      "                                  inches.
   User should  use consistant units for the drawing and tools?

>> Not sure about that at all. If you use a standard tool in metric mode, I suspect it simply codes the tool as .25mm or soemthing.. Ill list that for a fix as
well.

Art

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 26, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
ART,
See attached test as comment #3 below is incorrect.

Wording should say:

LT APPLIES THE SELECTED TOOL ( can be a metric or imperial tool ) IN PATH GENERATION, BUT, THE POSTED GCODE IS STILL BASED
ON THE TYPE OF IMPORTED DRAWING.

3. The tool used defines the generated gcode units.

RICH
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:54:02 AM by RICH »
« Reply #1442 on: July 26, 2010, 11:59:30 AM »
Rich & Art
Ok this explains a lot now so if i use LT i have to make my drawing in inches well at least i know what's going on thanks.

Dennis

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 26, 2010, 01:07:26 PM »
Dennis,
so if i use LT i have to make my drawing in inches

No you can make you drawing in whatever units you want.
What i personnaly would not do,  is mix thimgs up.
Draw in radius and mm, import in diameter, metric and imperial tool use, want a post in imperial, and then who knows what in Mach Config, or using axis scaling.......extreme example, but that is just asking for trouble!
KISS applies on my end! ;)

RICH

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 26, 2010, 03:15:49 PM »
ART,
 RossF is getting an error "LazyTurn Art Code: 0"  when trying to import a know good dxf file into LazyTurn.

Can you define what the error means?

here is link to his post:
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15452.msg103679.html#msg103679

RICH
« Reply #1445 on: July 26, 2010, 06:15:40 PM »
Rich
I do my drawing's in MM Radius and then import that file into LT so i guess this is the problem it's the way i have been doing it this way i guess i will either learn do it another way or wait until LT gets fixed.

Dennis 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 26, 2010, 07:46:12 PM »
Dennis,
do my drawing's in MM Radius .......... so i guess this is the problem

I haven't  tested to confirm that.........

I work in mainly in inches,  and use both radius and diameter mode, and wasn't aware of any problems imperial wise.
SO i figured maybe it's a quirk with metric mode, but as shown in the test doc i posted ( correct i didn't try radius mode ),  figured
there should be no problem in radius / metric mode.

------------------------------------
Did you try the equivilent in diameter mode for your drawing?
Basicaly the x pathing moves would be half of the value as compared to the diameter mode.

---------------------------------------
Post a dxf file you are using, PLEASE,  and having a problem with. Also post the gcode for it out of LT.

That will save us a lot of time,
RICH
« Reply #1447 on: July 27, 2010, 11:29:22 AM »
Rich
Thanks for your time looking into this but now that i have an idea of what to look for i will play with the file and see what i find and get back to guy's with my finding's.

Dennis
« Reply #1448 on: October 05, 2010, 01:43:38 PM »
I was getting the same error. I run Windows XP service pack 3 on a VMWare image (just to experiment with software, not control my machines!).

I googled SGCore.dll and found this: http://www.geometros.com/download/index.htm  Simply download, unzip and put SGCore.dll in your Mach folder. Works!

cheers,
Michael

Hi,
I seem to be having a similar problem where i can not load lazy turn. Every time i try to open the LazyTurn file it get the error unable to find SGcore.dll. I have tryed to find the update file at http://www.machsupport.com/downloads.php but it seems like it has been pulled down. Any ideas?

Thanks
Lachie G
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 01:50:29 PM by mhackney »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 08, 2010, 06:01:33 AM »
Hi Art,
Just wondering when and if your going to get back to LazyTurn?

RICH