Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:05:47 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions  (Read 1245599 times)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Printer Port Discussions
« Reply #860 on: October 25, 2015, 07:11:57 PM »
Well, Im not convinced its graphics, but very few machines report it as a problem. Its a rare report of systems that wont
run Mach4 afaik , but Ill boot into my xp system to make sure gm still runs there.. I recently changed the compiler to allow XP, and it was working as of
last test..

You didnt mention what it does Dan? Does it just lockup, or is it giving an artcode in gm? Whats the symptom?

Art

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: October 25, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »
no error code or anything like that it just comes up with the this program failed send error report to microsoft.

so no clue what is wrong

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: October 25, 2015, 08:50:14 PM »
Pity, I was hoping it was an error that meant something..

Thx
Art
« Reply #863 on: October 25, 2015, 09:23:22 PM »
Art,

I installed the latest Darwin you just posted and it fixed the buffer problem as you said.  I am running XP Pro on an old Dell Optiplex with no graphics card.  Everything still seems to be running fine.  This is my mill system and I use it for M3 and M4.  It also has a firewall program running (scans and updates set to manual).  I have been expecting it to crap out as insufficient but, not yet.  I haven't run process explorer to see CPU loading but running seems okay.  I do not run Gearotic on it, that is on a different system.

Hope this helps you and DanL

Peter

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 25, 2015, 09:35:45 PM »
nup I will just check the openGL setting the computer is 14 years old thanks anyway

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 25, 2015, 09:49:49 PM »
Thx Peter.

Art
« Reply #866 on: October 26, 2015, 05:41:05 PM »
I have installed and purchased a license for MACH4 and  DARWIN PARALLEL PORT PLUGIN. I only configured 1 motor and turn off all other inputs and outputs. I also insured that the E-Stop was not activated. But for some reason I cannot get MACH4 or DARWIN to control a single motor. When I try run MACH3 there is no issue with the system and everything is fine. I watched Arts video's and followed his instructions. It seems easy enough but I still cant seem to get it to work. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What are somethings I can do to troubleshoot the parallel port? I am focusing only in DARWIN until I get the motors to move.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 26, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »
Do your DRO's move in Mach4 under Darwin? Is it possible to jog an axis from insider Darwins configurations?

Art
« Reply #868 on: October 26, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »
I have installed and purchased a license for MACH4 and  DARWIN PARALLEL PORT PLUGIN. I only configured 1 motor and turn off all other inputs and outputs. I also insured that the E-Stop was not activated. But for some reason I cannot get MACH4 or DARWIN to control a single motor. When I try run MACH3 there is no issue with the system and everything is fine. I watched Arts video's and followed his instructions. It seems easy enough but I still cant seem to get it to work. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What are somethings I can do to troubleshoot the parallel port? I am focusing only in DARWIN until I get the motors to move.

I just connected an oscilloscope to pin 2. Mach3 is commanding the the step as you would expect. When I run Mach4 and then the Darwin plugin It does not send a pulse the pin 2.

« Reply #869 on: October 26, 2015, 07:14:19 PM »
Art,

Nothing is working. Mach 4 and Darwin. I just posted the pulse train from Mach 3 on pin 2 which is configured for X step. When I try the same thing in Darwin I get nothing. Only 1 motor is configured nothing else. No inputs and no outputs.